Mom needing to lose 70lbs! Any tips? If you too are a mom needing to lose weight feel free to share

Hey everyone! I’m new to this. I have fluctuated with weight all my life, I was 200lbs when I was younger and managed to get down to 115lbs. During my pregnancy I gained 70+lbs and that was 4 years ago 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’ve put myself and my health on the back burner. Your kids come first and sometimes you forget about yourself. Some moms look amazing and stay fit all while having kids!
Food is delicious but there has to be a better way. Any helpful tips/methods that worked for you or even if you are in the same boat feel free to share 🦋

Replies

• J_Fabulous
    J_Fabulous Posts: 63 Member
    I'm a dad of two boys who needs to lose 70 lbs. Let's do it together
  • sllida
    sllida Posts: 115 Member
    Totally would love to do this with you all mom of 3 about the same to lose
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    I just had my 7th baby 11 weeks ago and want to lose 42 pounds. Right now I'm just doing it slowly as I'm breastfeeding. Just charting my food and trying to stay within my calorie goals. I'm going to add exercise in to my routine soon and have a goal of doing a mud race next summer with my older kids. Add me as a friend.
  • HazelMayes
    HazelMayes Posts: 187 Member
    My youngest, my fourth, just turned four :)

I need to lose 70 pounds twice lol. Twenty-five years ago I was so slender my clothing gave me bruises where it rubbed up on the bones—my “treatment plan” caused me to steadily gain. I have lost count of the times I’ve heard from doctors “better to weigh too much that not enough! You’re much healthier now”. Not helpful when you’re trying to figure out why nothing you do works and you just can’t lose the extra weight 🤷‍♀️

My latest doctor has me on Metformin and I’m finally steadily loosing weight so as long as she doesn’t take away my Metformin, I can get back to a better weight! I had a doc put me on it about twelve years ago and I lost the extra weight and was maintaining fine but when I had to switch docs, they took me off and I gained back and then some *sigh*
  • Salleighjo
    Salleighjo Posts: 15 Member
    Hi.. I have 2 kids and am an single mom...no father and no family around...i have a greater addiction to sugar and beer and cigarettes (both very below average amount). I could use some motivation, support and accountability to lose 40 pounds... If y'all will have me
  • Chelc0914
    Chelc0914 Posts: 2 Member
    You all sound amazing! We all have a story. As parents we tend to do so much for our kids and we get tired. I always am so busy I eat whatever is there and don’t always look for the healthy choice. Our health needs to be number one so we can take of our little ones. We can all do it 💪. The smallest changes are the most rewarding. One day at a time. If you eat a meal that you feel guilty about. There’s always tomorrow. Don’t give up.