1 1/2 month of keto.

Options
Emmapatterson1729
Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
edited July 2019 in Success Stories
Not at goal yet, but have lost over 12 inches off stomach. And over 3 pants sizes down (squeezing into size 16/18 yoga pants to pulling up, buttoning, and zipping size 12 jeans). In total shock! I never thought I'd be able to lose the weight that came with a disease I caught which caused a lot of weight gain. But in one and half month, I feel like I'm already closer to being able to recognize myself.

sfml2801u6dp.jpg

Replies

• jhaddon7143
    jhaddon7143 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!!!
  • Mikivowsvictory
    Mikivowsvictory Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Well done! Keep it up! :smile:
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    Awesome progress!!!

Thanks, I've been trying to stay more focused on health than weight loss, but the inches lost are a huge bonus!!!

When I saw the last pictures I took, my jaw hit the floor!!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    Awesome. Well done! Keep it up! :smile:

Thanks, I will! I'm going to have to be a lifer. Found that the new disease doesn't mix well with certain carbs. :(
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    TomFit18 wrote: »
    Great work!

Thanks!!!
  • d805
    d805 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Awesome progress!!! Keep it up. Thanks for the motivation. :)
  • dsueteel
    dsueteel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    wow, you look amazing! great job :)
  • Keliz1173
    Keliz1173 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • myraluno
    myraluno Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Damn girl! Congratulations are in order :o Keep up the good work!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    Thanks All!!!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    d805 wrote: »
    Wow!! Awesome progress!!! Keep it up. Thanks for the motivation. :)

Thanks!! I've been in disbelief. As I always say in keto group and wall....Wish I'd researched into keto sooner!!
  • ProgressShowing
    ProgressShowing Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look fabulous!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    wtg, I think I am carb sensitive too because it has been much easier keeping the weight off.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    Thanks!!! I thought people were crazy when they would talk about being carb sensitive or even mention keto.

For years, I would roll my eyes and huff and think ...."OMG, it's ANOTHER fad diet, when will society learn?"

But here I am, live and learn, I guess. Since my holiday last spring, if I eat bread or potatoes...I am in pain and bloat up huge! Started in the second week of June after researching for a couple of months! Definitely a way of life for me!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    edited August 2019
    Options
    38r088w4f71q.jpg

I was just throwing together a collage to post on the Face thread, but I feel more comfortable posting here instead.

I feel my face has definitely changed, not as drastically as
    my body. But complexion and dark eye circles seem clearer to me.

I never intended to lose this quickly... My mindset was, it took two years to gain, it will probably take two years to lose. Be ready for patience, slow, and steady. But I'm not going to complain about my body's rate of losing this time around... It seems insane to me, and I am having a hard time wrapping my head around it!!!
  • myzzfit
    myzzfit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Definitely an inspiration to many! Keto looks good on you, and I can't wait to see how far you will go! Keep up the great work!
  • hafsatoheed2019
    hafsatoheed2019 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    38r088w4f71q.jpg

I was just throwing together a collage to post on the Face thread, but I feel more comfortable posting here instead.

I feel my face has definitely changed, not as drastically as
    my body. But complexion and dark eye circles seem clearer to me.

I never intended to lose this quickly... My mindset was, it took two years to gain, it will probably take two years to lose. Be ready for patience, slow, and steady. But I'm not going to complain about my body's rate of losing this time around... It seems insane to me, and I am having a hard time wrapping my head around it!!!

Congratulations 😍😍
    Would you plz share some details about your meals. I’m trying to do Keto for some time but it feels like a jigsaw puzzle to me. I keep messing up. Have few questions may be you can answer them.
    If I stay under my carb allowance and cannot eat the given amount of fat and protein and feel satisfied/ not hungry........is it still Keto /will I see the weight loss I’m looking for.
    How you pair up a meal from Keto approved foods any example.
    I’m SAHM so I cook 7days a week at home /our food is mostly carb in the form of rice or flat bread/kind of tortilla but thicker and made of wheat flour so Keto is exceptionaly hard for me I keep missing the carbs /bad ones.
    I’m 37 yo 186 5”1 look to lose 50lb at least.
    Do you think you lost the weight because you kept your carb low alone or you made sure to take care of all three macros.
    Sorry my English is not that good it not my first language.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!