Trying again

Options
Hey everyone I’m dom ! This is my second go around trying to lose weight. But trying to stick to It is really hard. I think the first time i just went all in and i got overwhelmed and gained even more from stress and other events. With that being said I’m really trying to stay focus this time and i know that they call It a journey for a reason. Also any tips new friends that know how to motivate would be great too ! Current weight is 264 but goal weight is 165-170, but I’m doing It in smaller goals so it’s easier for me to maintain. ssd06saf7bs5.jpeg

Replies

• BlDancy
    BlDancy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We have the same goal weight, Dom! I'm also back here after losing weight and gaining it back. Just wanted to say that you can do it! Best of luck on your journey. My tip is don't give up :smile:
  • Jenanne31
    Jenanne31 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Dom and welcome! Glad you're here. I love your photo! :)
  • roxiescorner
    roxiescorner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also love your photo. I recently purchased a garmin exercise tracker. Before this I wasn't doing any exercise, and truthfully "not myself". My body didn't match who I am....since I started walking, I am feeling so much better, and have more energy. They say with a healthy diet, "right calorie intake for you), good choices, 10,000 steps a day, (which I am working up to daily) that you will lose 1 1/2-2 lbs a week. Lets make changes we can live with every day. I am excited to be in this journey with you.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,012 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think small incremental goals combined with working on creating one small healthy habit at a time, rather than jumping into everything all at once, sounds like a great idea :smile:

Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each sub-forum, especially these:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1
  • ohortert14
    ohortert14 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree with taking it in small steps and working towards a lifestyle change, that doesn’t just happen over night. I’ve been at this awhile myself losing and gaining. My biggest advice is the set small goals for yourself and to just enjoy the ride! 😄
  • dommw2012
    dommw2012 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouraging words i appreciate all of you !
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    dommw2012 wrote: »
    Hey everyone I’m dom ! This is my second go around trying to lose weight. But trying to stick to It is really hard. I think the first time i just went all in and i got overwhelmed and gained even more from stress and other events. With that being said I’m really trying to stay focus this time and i know that they call It a journey for a reason. Also any tips new friends that know how to motivate would be great too ! Current weight is 264 but goal weight is 165-170, but I’m doing It in smaller goals so it’s easier for me to maintain. ssd06saf7bs5.jpeg
    Sis I hear a lot of the word “try”. You must eliminate that word or you will forever be doing just that. You are DOING sis! Welcome!
  • mrshow19
    mrshow19 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Similar goal weight as well !!! We can do it !
  • dommw2012
    Options
    mrshow19 wrote: »
    Similar goal weight as well !!! We can do it !
    yesss we can girl !!

• sassygal371
    sassygal371 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the same weight goal and agree with taking it slow. I had lost a lot of weight and gained it back it. I want this time be the last time.
  • floceist
    floceist Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends that I can support and that will support me. Feel free to add me you’d like. :)
  • dommw2012
    Options
    Yeah definitely just add me girl !
    floceist wrote: »
    Looking for friends that I can support and that will support me. Feel free to add me you’d like. :)