No Weight Loss for 10 days.. then Woosh!

I started my diet and exercise journey 20 days ago, going from 244pounds to 233 In roughly 9 days. I thought oh my gosh, this is so easy. Just eat right and exercise and I'm going to burn it off like nothing!

I've been sticking to my diet of 1400-1600 calories a day, measured and working out a minimum of 40 minutes a day now pushing to 60 minutes. Feeling happier, and more energy has been a great lift to my life.

The last 10 days though? No magic drops, no weight loss still doing all the right things. I was worried, is there something wrong with this body? Did I overeat somehow? What if I cannot lose weight anymore?

For a noobie, it was super demotivating to step on the scale each day and see no changes. I ended up wondering if my scale was broken haha.

Anyway, today I stepped on the scale and i'm down another 3 pounds. I screamed and had to get on the scale another two times to make sure. YES down another 3 pounds!

Anyway to those who get stuck in a plateau, don't give up, don't cheat, just keep doing what your doing! :) It will happen!

Replies

• hafsatoheed2019
    hafsatoheed2019 Posts: 70 Member
    Congratulations
    What is your workout routine. Is that something hardcore. And did you mainly watch your carbs. Plz give some details. I just started few weeks ago and keep messing up to the point that I think it doesn’t add up to show on scale. But I know quitting won’t make it happen but on the other hand I need to see how much more honest I need to be to see the results (with the process).
  • CheekyBreekyBecca
    CheekyBreekyBecca Posts: 12 Member
    Thank you :)

Don't give up and you will get there, trust me I know how hard it is :) I'm going through it at the same time.

I'm 29, female, and very unfit. So I chose something that would push me but not extreme.

Monday - Rowing Machine
    Tuesday - Exercise Bike
    Wednesday - Treadmill
    Thursday - Exercise Bike
    Friday - Rowing Machine
    Saturday - Exercise Bike (optional day)

The first week I did an hour each day and felt horrible the second week. So I cut back to 40 minutes most of those days. The third week I've gone back to an hour and added Saturday as a 40m Exercise optional day depending on my body feels. If I feel good enough I'll do it.

I'm just working on cardio and some strength training and really hated it at first but kept doing it. I love the routine because I can work hard but watch a tv show or listen to an audiobook to zone out.

• JustaGirlNamedJenn
    JustaGirlNamedJenn Posts: 16 Member
    Yep happens to me almost every single time. I have never gotten those little losses every day or so that a lot of people get. I lose nothing, then 2-3 lbs, then nothing, then a couple more lbs. Every couple weeks, so it still averages out to 1-2 lbs a week lost.
  • joannehornik1969
    joannehornik1969 Posts: 15 Member
    Congratulations
    What is your workout routine. Is that something hardcore. And did you mainly watch your carbs. Plz give some details. I just started few weeks ago and keep messing up to the point that I think it doesn’t add up to show on scale. But I know quitting won’t make it happen but on the other hand I need to see how much more honest I need to be to see the results (with the process).

I have lupus so I like to swim in the gym's swimming pool!!! It helps my joints as well as get a good work out and it is relaxing!!! When I am done I will go in the hot tub!! IT helps my sleep at night so much!!!
  • hafsatoheed2019
    Thank you guys for your response. It’s so motivational and comes down to same mantra Everyone has to starts somewhere. / and take one day at time.
  • CheekyBreekyBecca
    CheekyBreekyBecca Posts: 12 Member
    Yes :) you can do it, one step at a time. Just keep showing up!
  • hafsatoheed2019
    Sure I’ll. You too plz.
  • goatelope
    goatelope Posts: 178 Member
    I hope this will happen for me! I’ve gone 10 days now and nothing. It briefly dipped by 2 lbs half way through but for the last week there has been no shift, and in fact it has crept up. So I am same weight I was 10 days ago
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Well I am now in my 14th week and Im finding that my pattern is that I am virtually static for about 3-4 weeks at a time and then one week where 4-5lbs fall off. Thats this week. Virtually a months weight loss shows in that one week.

Its weird isnt it?
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I went about a week wavering at the same weight and then in the last two days, down 4 lbs. It's worth it to be patient during the plateaus.
  • Hey_Dana
    Hey_Dana Posts: 9 Member
    Bodies are so fickle! We CAN'T make them lose weight - they will do it when they're ready. But you did your part, kept the faith, and... WOOSH! Good job!
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Excellent!!
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that this happens to. I've lost 18 pounds so far in the last three months. Sometimes I don't lose any weight for a week or two and then two or three pounds are gone.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    My entire 22 ish weeks has been stall --> whoosh --> stall LOL. I typically lose on Thursday/Fridays every 2.5 - 3 weeks. It's frustrating sometimes, but that's just how it is I guess.
  • sweetpickle1004
    sweetpickle1004 Posts: 35 Member
    Waiting for my whoosh! :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    The whoosh eventually happens :smile: nice job!
  • YAY FOR YOU!!! Pretty awesome. So what does your diet look like?
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    I started my diet and exercise journey 20 days ago, going from 244pounds to 233 In roughly 9 days. I thought oh my gosh, this is so easy. Just eat right and exercise and I'm going to burn it off like nothing!

I've been sticking to my diet of 1400-1600 calories a day, measured and working out a minimum of 40 minutes a day now pushing to 60 minutes. Feeling happier, and more energy has been a great lift to my life.

The last 10 days though? No magic drops, no weight loss still doing all the right things. I was worried, is there something wrong with this body? Did I overeat somehow? What if I cannot lose weight anymore?

For a noobie, it was super demotivating to step on the scale each day and see no changes. I ended up wondering if my scale was broken haha.

Anyway, today I stepped on the scale and i'm down another 3 pounds. I screamed and had to get on the scale another two times to make sure. YES down another 3 pounds!

Anyway to those who get stuck in a plateau, don't give up, don't cheat, just keep doing what your doing! :) It will happen!

woohoo - good for you!

btw, i'm glad to hear i'm not the only one who gets on the scale two more times to be sure :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!