Upgrade to Garmin 235

Options
Hi!

I LOVE my Garmin 235- I'm going on 4 years in December. It's starting to get a little glitchy (freezes a lot, etc.). I want to ride it out through the summer but I was just curious to know if any of you have had the 235 and then upgraded to something else. I was looking at the Fenix but it might be more watch than I need.

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I've upgraded, in the past, most recently to the 935 (cheaper version of the Fenix 5). It's definitely more watch than I need, but it was the cheapest Garmin option that did what I wanted and did it well. Everything else is just gravy. IMO, I don't want to have to fight with my watch to get it to do/track/read what I want to do/track/read. I just want to hit the start button when I start my workout and the end button when I end my workout. I don't want to have to try to make a pre-set workout mode fit into what I'm doing. I've done that before with previous watches and it's annoying (at best).

For me, one of the other reasons I upgraded was that the 935 was looks and wears more like a traditional watch, so I'm more apt to wear it for things other than running and biking. For as expensive as these things can be, if I can get a bit more wear/use out of it, then that's definitely a good thing.

All in all, I'm definitely happy with my upgrade.

Hope that helps.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I love my Fenix 5X.

Sometimes if your Garmin is freezing, it can help to connect it to a computer (so it mounts as a drive) and delete the old activity records you've recorded. They're already synced and you can download them from the server if you ever want to.
  • TheNewKristin
    TheNewKristin Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! I have a lot of research to do!
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    And here I am still rocking my old school Garmin 210 lol
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    My 230 is still working perfect. But a 245 Music tempts me.