I need help & support. Please ADD me.

Options
I've always defined myself as a fat person and relatively sedentary person. I really don't know how to act or react to being a thinner person or someone with huge amounts of energy. I know how it will
change me, appearance-wise, but I wonder how it will change me on the inside. That scares me. I'm terrified of losing my identity. Please add me for mutual support and daily check ins.

Replies

• sllida
    sllida Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me been at this for a while but with some stress at home went backwards and feel like I'm starting all over again
  • Bekah7482
    Bekah7482 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I added both of you but am also looking for new friends so everyone who sees this after me is welcome to add me
  • morrishaley02
    morrishaley02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE some friends on here to help hold me accountable!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,297 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me but I am old 56
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I'm on every day!
  • HazelMayes
    HazelMayes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I spent the first half of my life super skinny, unhealthily skinny. Went to the doctor, got diagnosed with hypoglycemia and the “treatment plan” was a very rigid diet meant to stabilize my blood glucose. It worked—when I followed it exactly, no fainting, no blood sugar drops that left me confused and weak, no blacking out. But I gained and gained and gained.

I weigh way too much and the bulk of that is from the last ten years—before that I was overweight but not too bad. I still think of myself as smaller, though. It’s a weird dichotomy because the me in my head does not match the me on the outside. It startled me sometimes when I catch sight of my reflection or really thing about the fact that those big clothes are mine. I understand your fears about the disconnect on how you think of yourself versus how you actually are, just in reverse. For me, it isn’t an all the time thing—it’s in the background, it pops up in my head once in a while. You adapt, I guess?
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    annliz23 wrote: »
    You are welcome to add me but I am old 56

Hey, if you're old, that means I'm old. I'm 61. I don't want to be old. 😯
  • Scousemaggie
    Scousemaggie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm a Goldie oldie too Annliz23. I would like some online friends who would be willing to offer their support and I will offer my support in return. This is my 3rd attempt to lose my excess weight and help me get rid of my recent prediabetic diagnosis.
  • goatelope
    goatelope Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Add me - I’m on here every day :-)