Gah - STILL no loss, 10 days at same weight BLAH

Options
Send me some motivating thoughts please - getting on for 10 days no loss

I am hoping something will shift soon - does anyone think it is worth me trying to kick start the losing process somehow? someone recommended perhaps fasting, or even increasing calories intake?

SO frustrated!

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    In the big picture, 10 days isn’t much. It would help to know where you are in the process. How much you’re trying to lose? How long you been at it? How have you done overall?

Look at the basics of your plan. Do you use a food scale to crunch numbers? Keep a food diary? Calorie counting supported by a food diary will work over time. Most folks wreck themselves over the time factor.

You don’t need fasting or jump starting. We lose by eating in a calorie deficit. If you are stuck for a month, try to make small adjustments to your program until the scale starts trending down.

Try to get yourself thinking in terms of months, not days. Right now your brain may be screaming that working months at a time is much too long and just can’t work for you. But keep reading this board and you’ll see that persistence over time is what gets people to goal weight.

A friend says- we eventually get the weigh in we deserve, but not necessarily when we expect it.
  • goatelope
    goatelope Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    That’s super helpful.

Basically I started at the beginning of July when I was 182.6

I lost steadily until 10 days ago when I hit 176. It briefly dipped to 174 but then went back to 176 where it has stayed since then.

I can’t exercise much due to a knee thing but I have started walking and burning bits here and there

I never eat more than 1200 per day
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    At least you're not gaining! Embrace the plateau!

If you stay on your eating program, the weight loss WILL come.

If you get really frustrated and you are otherwise healthy, you can try a fasting day. That always shakes a few fat cells loose for me. (I still drink about 500cals of juice and tea, but there are a lot of variations.)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    You've lost six - almost seven - pounds in a month and I'm guessing you need to lose 30-40 pounds? You don't say how much you need to lose, but I'm just guessing you're female, average height.

6.6 pounds in a month is huge.

Congratulations. People who can lose more than that are obese, not 176. Set your Goal at "Lose 1 pound per week."

Just keep doing it.
  • goatelope
    Options
    Thank you.

I have 40 lbs to lose.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Jumping from plan to plan is rarely helpful. you've gotten progress, had surgery recently no? and have lost a good rate overall.

It only gets worse as you get close to goal. I went 6-7 weeks with a bump UP in weight before finally a small woosh down. It sucks, i complained and swore but stuck to the plan. I just rechecked all my numbers, weighed carefully, rechecked entires and kept at it.

If daily weighing stresses you out too much then don't weigh daily. I do it but it requires being able to let go of the daily numbers and look at overall trend.

Get a weight trending app
  • goatelope
    Options
    Yes. I have an app which is good.

I’m just frustrated working hard at checking and counting and not seeing results.

Thanks everyone. Blah. Fingers crossed I see a little progress soon!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    goatelope wrote: »
    Yes. I have an app which is good.

I’m just frustrated working hard at checking and counting and not seeing results.

Thanks everyone. Blah. Fingers crossed I see a little progress soon!

Maybe reframe how you are looking at this.

If you start to obsess about it - that isn't going to make it go any faster.

I had to stop looking at my weight as the One Thing that was going to fix my life.

I started looking at it as a project to which I could devote a few minutes a day, but not make it the End Goal.

Instead I educated myself about nutrition. I started sourcing my food and making plans about it. I learned to cook quite a few 300-400 calorie meals with wholesome ingredients from scratch. If I was going to have two meals a day they were going to be exactly the way I wanted them. That was a much better use of my obsessive tendencies. Planning, shopping, prep, cooking, clean up. Good use of my time with a fantastic end result of delicious food.

The logging food thing is a five minute per day task. It's just a task. If I eat well, it all falls into place.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    any chance its that time of the month? hormones and water weight could be masking loss because of where you are in your cycle
  • goatelope
    Options
    No, I’ve just had my period. So annoying.
  • goatelope
    Options
    Agree about the journey.

Even if I don’t weigh daily, it’s still upsetting no movement in 10 days.

I understand re patience, I guess I just feel a little demoralised and worried that it’s somehow plateaued.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Plateaus are a normal part of the process, as are weight loss and weight gain due to fluctuations. You have to accept and expect every part of this journey.

No drastic measures are needed.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    goatelope wrote: »
    Agree about the journey.

Even if I don’t weigh daily, it’s still upsetting no movement in 10 days.

I understand re patience, I guess I just feel a little demoralised and worried that it’s somehow plateaued.

you might consider wieghing every day - it could be that the day before you weighed this time you had a saltier dinner or didn't sleep as well (or any other factors that could influence water weight)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    The body does what it does... it loses a bunch of weight..then stabilizes and it takes time. If you stick to your eating plan and are honest..the weight is going to come off. Maybe not in the time frame we want..but it does.

We like to act like CICO works like clockwork..but no so - as plateaus prove.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Your friend is big into nutrition? Are they actually a certified nutritionist or dietician?
  • goatelope
    Options
    Right, ok that’s interesting - thanks!