Alfredo sauce!

Options
Hi MFP! I was wondering if any of you have any alfredo sauce recommendations.. that are mainly low in sodium & sugar.. something more on the healthier side..

I want to try alfredo sauce with veggies & tofu shirataki noodles. I've been craving pasta so why not give this a try?! Lol :)

Replies

• realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I got this one from someone here: cook cauliflower till tender, place in blender with 3-4 wedges of parmesan peppercorn weight watcher cheese or 3-4 Tbl parmesan cheese, s/p and garlic to taste. It is yummy as a soup or sauce. I sometimes use other flavors like bleu cheese or the Jalapeno. Consistency changes depending on how much water you add back in the blender
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Someone posted a recipe using laughing cow cheese--maybe search in the recipes forum on here?
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I don'tlike cauliflour but I want to try!
  • welcominganewself
    Options
    I don'tlike cauliflour but I want to try!

You wont even taste the cauliflower. I make a recipe that is similar and even my kids loved it.

Start with a head of cauliflower and cook it in 2 cups of chicken broth.
    In another pan, sautee 1 dided medium onion and 2 cloves of diced garlic in a bit of olive oil

When its all cooked, throw it all into a blender (broth and all) and add in a 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, blend until pureed.

CREAMY AND DELICIOUS!!!!
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    what is he calorie content on something like this. It sounds good. I also know Hungry Girl does "I can't believe it's not potato salad" using cauliflower that I have heard is excellent. I can't wait to try this!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Classico has a light jarred one that I liked. But i'm not that picky about Alfredo.
  • welcominganewself
    Options
    what is he calorie content on something like this. It sounds good. I also know Hungry Girl does "I can't believe it's not potato salad" using cauliflower that I have heard is excellent. I can't wait to try this!

Depending on the products you use it will vary a little, but here is how I make it. It makes about 6 servings depending on how much sauce you like.

INGREDIENTS-
    Cauliflower,1 head large (6-7" dia)
    Swanson's Cooking Stock 33% Less Sodium, Chicken - Chicken Broth, 2 cup
    General - Finely Grated Parmesean Cheese, 0.25 cup
    Fresh - Garlic (1 Clove), 2 medium clove (4g)
    Onions - Raw, 1 cup, chopped
    Bertolli - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2.5 ttsp.

TOTAL CALORIES PER SERVING ARE 78 AND 2 GRAMS OF FAT!

Total:

Per Serving:

• shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I made this for the first time last night!

1 8 oz pkg Shirataki Fettuccine (sp)
    2 Laughin Cow Wedges, Light Swiss
    1 TBSP Fat free greek yogurt
    2 TBSP romano, I used fresh ground, I might scale back on the stuff out of a can
    Salt & Pepper

I rinsed the noodles for 10 mintues, then put them in a dry 10 inch pan and sauteed until they were super dry. I don't <gasp> have a microwave, but making the sauce would be easier in one. Melt all the cheese and yogurt together then add noddles and briefly toss over heat. Spinkle with S &P.

This is a rip-off of the Hungry Girl recipe, I totally admit.

I rather enjoyed it, the sauce was incredibly rich, the noodles were a bit odd but okay. With whole wheat pasta it would be DIVINE.
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I made this for the first time last night!

1 8 oz pkg Shirataki Fettuccine (sp)
    2 Laughin Cow Wedges, Light Swiss
    1 TBSP Fat free greek yogurt
    2 TBSP romano, I used fresh ground, I might scale back on the stuff out of a can
    Salt & Pepper

I rinsed the noodles for 10 mintues, then put them in a dry 10 inch pan and sauteed until they were super dry. I don't <gasp> have a microwave, but making the sauce would be easier in one. Melt all the cheese and yogurt together then add noddles and briefly toss over heat. Spinkle with S &P.

This is a rip-off of the Hungry Girl recipe, I totally admit.

I rather enjoyed it, the sauce was incredibly rich, the noodles were a bit odd but okay. With whole wheat pasta it would be DIVINE.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    bumping to copy recipe after work :bigsmile: