1 1/2 month of keto.

Replies

• PamperYourBaby2
    PamperYourBaby2 Posts: 26 Member
    Definitely a change....YOU LOOK AMAZING....Keep up the dedication!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited August 2019
    @hafsatoheed2019

breakfast:
    Coffee with:
    Half and half (or heavy cream, almond milk or cashew milk; whatever is on sale cheapest).
    Unsweetened cocoa powder
    Stevia

Lunch:
    One egg with vegetables: one or more (broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, peppers, onions, spinach, olives, avocados, tomatoes, cilantro), cheese, and/or left over dinner meat. Cooked in olive oil, omelet-like, scrambled, or baked in oven.

Dinner: Baked or seared meat in olive oil, maybe some peppers or olives, or cheese.

Snacks:
    fat bombs (unsweetened cocoa powder, stevia, coconut oil, coconut flakes, unsweetened peanut butter, cream all heated then frozen in ice trays).

A piece of fruit or two: a few cherries or a few cherry tomatoes.

Turkey and cream cheese rolls.

That's kind of my day. Sometimes I eat salad for lunch with greens, boiled egg, meat, cilantro, avocados, tomatoes, onions, olives, cheese.

Keto friendly breads: almond flour or coconut flour (too expensive for me) I use egg and cheese as bread replacement--baked or fried.

I do watch my macros and really try to get at minimum 1300 calories a day (add an extra tablespoon of olive oil or butter on meat), extra fat bombs, nuts are high calorie and not filling snacks (I can't eat nuts, but my family does).

Fats: 70-75%
    Proteins: 20-25%
    Carbs: 5-10%

Eat proteins and veggies, fill rest of calories in with olive oil, avocado oil, cheeses, creams or butter.

I'm 45 yrs old and 5'8" I don't know how much I weigh, I don't own a scale... Was a stay at home mom for years, just recently got a job because my daughter's in her 20s and finally doesn't need me home anymore!

Good luck, I sent you friends request. I'm always posting about foods and science.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    edited August 2019
    Above comment is my day with macros.

2yjr3zu8gsbw.jpg
    Mid East seasoned baked chicken thigh with peppers and cheese (cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and tumeric).

rtsp9siqqsp1.jpg

Beef and cheese keto pizza (egg and cheese crust)

Omelet with veggies, stuffed with peppers, onions, cilantro, and left over (cumin) beef from taco salads from night before.

5jie8qfbhn3r.jpg

• WSwalknLAC9000
    WSwalknLAC9000 Posts: 57 Member
    Glad to hear about & see your successes, what is your overall goal, if you do not mind the question.
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    You are amazing! What a fantastic transformation in such a short time. Keep doing what you're doing :*
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Glad to hear about & see your successes, what is your overall goal, if you do not mind the question.

@dlamothe9000

To be honest, goal is just to feel good. For over two years I had 24/7 bloat and pain... Until holiday with no breads and no grains. The weight loss, hormonal changes, and energy are just bonuses.

Before catching disease was 5'8" size 10, around 160-165 lbs. But I'm usually content and feel & look healthy anywhere between 155-175. I'm hoping to be able to fit back into my clothes! ;)

Probably weigh between 185-195 currently, started at around 225-230.
  • ProgressShowing
    ProgressShowing Posts: 62 Member

@dlamothe9000

To be honest, goal is just to feel good. For over two years I had 24/7 bloat and pain... Until holiday with no breads and no grains. The weight loss, hormonal changes, and energy are just bonuses.

Before catching disease was 5'8" size 10, around 160-165 lbs. But I'm usually content and feel & look healthy anywhere between 155-175. I'm hoping to be able to fit back into my clothes! ;)

Probably weigh between 185-195 currently, started at around 225-230.

Exactly how I feel... look and feel better, and, although I weigh myself almost daily (it keeps me focused), weight be damned! I'm more interested in the Progress Pics I post and the belt size I wear!

I recently went to the doctor and discovered that all my vitals were down significantly! Very excited about that!
  • ProgressShowing
    @ProgressShowing

Yeah, I wasn't going to go into too much detail on the public forums, but the cysts in my breast are gone, my cervix pains are gone, my ovarian cysts pains are gone. Of course, my bloat and IBS are gone. I mean, the health benefits I'm having are incredible. Things that have caused me so much pain for years now, have literally vanished almost overnight.

I am the opposite on the scale, I get obsessed if I have scale, and stay discouraged with fluctuating numbers. I threw mine in the garbage years ago, ;)

Wow, sounds like you've come a long way in a short time... good for you! 👊 Amazing results, very happy for you!

Yeah, I rely more on my Progress Pics and post them about every other week, and a Comparison Pic once a month. Scales are unreliable and well, frankly... they lie! 😄

Keep up the good work, stay consistent and be persistent! Let us know how it's going!
  • TriPaulCantRun
    TriPaulCantRun Posts: 50 Member
    Well done Emma, that is incredible!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Well done Emma, that is incredible!

Thanks! I'm in total shock!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    WOW! Awesome
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Emma- You look amazing! Doing so well!!! Keep it going girl!
  • hafsatoheed2019
    hafsatoheed2019 Posts: 70 Member

Above comment is my day with macros.

2yjr3zu8gsbw.jpg
    Mid East seasoned baked chicken thigh with peppers and cheese (cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and tumeric).

rtsp9siqqsp1.jpg

Beef and cheese keto pizza (egg and cheese crust)

Omelet with veggies, stuffed with peppers, onions, cilantro, and left over (cumin) beef from taco salads from night before.

5jie8qfbhn3r.jpg

Huge thanks for taking the time to post all that info and pics.
    You have no idea it’s a huge help for me /beginner ketoer kind of😕
  • Emmapatterson1729
    edited August 2019
    LOL..woos on the health changes... But when every mammogram leads to an ultrasound due to cysts, and other ultrasounds always showing ovarian cysts (both only on left side of my body). Suggested surgeries to remove left ovary, which I didn't want, already had enough hormonal problems due to a previous ovarian surgery. You just learn to live with the pain, because you can't take one more Percocet and can't live and function on narcotic pain relievers. Change a couple of things in diet and cysts that have been there for over 15 yrs are gone. If that's so unbelievable, sorry... But that's my experience, whether liked or not.

Or the don't own a scale thing. In my late teens and early 20s I suffered from anorexia, obsessive exercising disorder, which led to congestive heart failure at 25 years old. (Which is what started almost all of the health issues that followed, especially hormones).

My little silver steak in my hair shows in my pics, I woke up with silver steak the morning after being told chances were I was going to die from heart failure.

It took years to develop a healthy relationship with food and exercise. And for me, I found it in my best interest for my mental health to toss the scales and focus on feeling fit instead of what I weighed. I still don't trust myself with a scale or to start a calorie deficit without tracking to make sure I am getting enough calories.

Also why I take progress pictures, have a very distorted self image when I look in the mirror. But for some reason, not so much with pictures.

Sorry so long!!! Good luck everyone.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emma- You look amazing! Doing so well!!! Keep it going girl!

Thanks! I wish this app would've let me post on wall, but it doesn't want to work.

Posting so publicly is very intimidating!! As I put on wall feed: vulnerability and discomfort level 100% erg! :)
  • ProgressShowing

Thanks! I wish this app would've let me post on wall, but it doesn't want to work.

Posting so publicly is very intimidating!! As I put on wall feed: vulnerability and discomfort level 100% erg! :)

I only post my progress pics on my own board... a lot less intimidating!

• MARILYNENA
    MARILYNENA Posts: 53 Member
    you look fabulous! Congrats!
  • Emmapatterson1729

I only post my progress pics on my own board... a lot less intimidating!

I have a great and wonderful, somewhat small, friends list going on here. And some post success pics. I tried over and over to post to wall. It would say loaded.. Then error message "unable to load"...

Originally, I never intended on sharing pics and take the pics for myself and family. But I'm not lying when I say I was shocked at those last progress pics I took. I had just switched from daily pics to weekly... Because the weight loss was actually starting to slow down.

I absolutely love the feeling of losing. The better I feel, the better life gets!!!

Thanks for the wonderful comments!!!
  • anonuser369
    anonuser369 Posts: 76 Member
    Awesome progress - you look great and must feel so as well - congratulations! Your face appears so much younger and healthier too.
    If you do not mind my asking, would you say if the spots on your skin in the after pictures (body) are from sun exposure or the diet or something else? You do not have to answer if you do not feel comfortable disclosing. Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!