Do you ever just get tired of the weight battle?

One of those days I just feel like not worrying about it.

Replies

• morganjw1
    morganjw1 Posts: 18 Member
    All the time. But I also am losing weight and feeling better than I have in many years so it's worth it. I do believe that with dieting, watching what you eat, lifestyle change, whatever you want to call it, that you have to have a cheat day here and there to do or eat something you shouldn't. At least in moderation.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,286 Member
    It never ends. I lost all my weight. I maintain now,., right now I'm trying to lose about four pounds I regained..

However, being my size now was a huge victory when I was losing weight. I felt wonderful. Now I nit pick and feel just as much as a failure having my waistband tight in my new size. I still have to do the same work to lose 2 to six pounds as I did losing 40.
    I get tired of criticizing myself..
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Yes!!! And there are times I take "breaks" or stray from the healthy path, but I will never give up. As others have said, I know how incredible it feels to be the best fit me I can be. <3
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    I choose not to worry about it for 16 years and gained 100 lbs!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,286 Member
    I choose not to worry about it for 16 years and gained 100 lbs!

exactly...soooo true.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    The weight battle is a daily struggle but if you compare the before and after in 99% of the ways in your life you will see it is worth it.

With that being said, you have to do weight loss realistically by making a lifestyle change.

Everyone is different but for me I didn’t go low carb, no pills, no restrictions. Just eat better most of the time, get sleep; drink water and exercise! 154lbs gone in ten months. Two years later, still is. If I eat more I workout more. Done. I want cake, I eat cake.

Make a lifestyle change. It will feel easier.

You might have already done that! Yes, some days I say “who cares” and that is okay too.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,462 Member
    You can take a day off. Or even a week off. Sometimes that's the best strategy.

But as far as being on top of my weight? No, I don't get tired of it because I NEVER want to have to lose 70 pounds ever again.

So I log food, I weigh myself and I consider that a good investment in me.

This.

And one reason I don’t get tired of it is because I’ve never put up much of a fight. I look for, and take, the easy road as much as I can.

Why not try calculating your maintenance number and work with that for a bit? Sometimes just not gaining for a while is a big deal.
  • bellesmom84
    bellesmom84 Posts: 15 Member
    It is frustrating some times! But I am less frustrated now with 23 lbs left until my goal weight than I was when I still had 65 lbs to reach my goal weight! I get tired of measuring, weighing and tracking but I can't stop now, not when I've already made so much progress.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    In the beginning - absolutely! I wanted to stop logging. I wanted to eat over plan all the time. I wanted to eat a lot of the calorie dense foods.

Today - no way! I'm so close to goal. I look amazing. I feel amazing. I'm a zillion times healthier and more fit. I will never be obese again. (But that doesn't mean that I don't eat off plan at times. It just means that I've learned to do it in a way that doesn't wreck my life.)

• gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Sometimes, but then I remind myself of the YEARS of exhaustive guilt that I used to live with (binge due to stress, feel guilty, repeat). Logging food, weighing myself, and meal-planning my way of eating seems like an easy price to pay to get out of that guilt cycle!