Only 1200 calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    kimondo666 wrote: »
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1550413119302487 here is the link to the study. Danp. Ofc in terms of determined weight losing person it does not matter, but untrained person at first time loss atempt, quite the contrary.

Small study and bearing in mind the following: "During each diet phase, the subjects were presented with three daily meals and were instructed to consume as much or as little as desired. Up to 60 min was allotted to consume each meal." I am not sure that conclusively proves anything.

My issue with studies like this is that it doesn't address other variables - sleep, exercise etc

there is research (presented in Why We Sleep) that says people who sleep less tend to blindly eat more food, in general that is ultraprocessed - it was a similar scenario - put a group of sleep deprived folks in a room with ultra-processed vs. whole food options and they tended to graviate towards the ultra-processed. The same could be said for exercising - i know after i have a heavy workout i crave nothing more than a donut or something sugary - so if presented that vs. whole food - i'd probably go with the donut

• kimondo666
    kimondo666 Posts: 194 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Small study and bearing in mind the following: "During each diet phase, the subjects were presented with three daily meals and were instructed to consume as much or as little as desired. Up to 60 min was allotted to consume each meal." I am not sure that conclusively proves anything.
    That proves that people want to eat more when they consume ultra processed food, contrary to eating less on low-processed. So eating less processed help to eat less. Ofc you can eat ultra processed and still eat at deficit if you weight it and log like in MFP. It just take willpower and determination.

"Why is it assumed that people can’t exhibit control over these things and just eat an appropriate portion without going to excess?" I did not claim that, just that for common people it far easier to eat unprocessed and lose weight than to eat ultraprocessed and do the same.
  • kimondo666
    kimondo666 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    indeed i have oversimplified stuff, i have no problem with eating processed myself(i get a mix of both) as i can regulate that into calorie goal. Just there is clear difference between those food. Ya cant blindside yourself, just be aware of it. Ofc there is difference between processed and ultra-processed. Like in the life, being on the end spectrum of things can be tricky. Getting wholefoods and stuffing yourself leading to gain as you are saying or being bored of food after wholefood. Other spectrum stuffing yourself with pizza, chips and others. Just be aware.