Procrastination and stress eating

Options
I'm just curious. When you guys procrastinate on something for example chores, exams, etc, do any of you get cravings when stressed? I always get like that and I'm curious if it happens to anyone else.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel stressed when I procrastinate. It triggers my anxiety but no longer leads to emotional overeating.

Stress can cause water retention so I do my best to keep it down.

I joined mfp two months ago. My symptoms for both my anxiety and depression lessened after about two weeks. I just got my meds switched yesterday and am hoping that makes even more of a difference.
  • gottswald
    gottswald Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Specific craving, no. General hunger, yes. I'm not sure though if it's just my mind trying to make me do something else or what. I don't need procrastination to feel that kind of stress.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I think about food less when I'm concentrating on a task. If you're procrastinating, then your brain is probably wandering, and mine always wanders right to a snack :)
  • gottswald
    gottswald Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    I think about food less when I'm concentrating on a task. If you're procrastinating, then your brain is probably wandering, and mine always wanders right to a snack :)

This is a really good point. The busier my brain is, the calmer my mind and that includes appetite (and pain).
  • coffeexxeyes
    coffeexxeyes Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yep. The only thing that has helped my sugar cravings is upping my protein by quite a bit. I've found that the cinnamon crunch quest protein powder or their chocolate chip cookie bar usually takes the edge off and keeps me on track.