Steamed veggies?

They are literally one of my favorite foods. I'm vegan and I have a dining hall meal plan so I eat lots of them and often go back for seconds on the steamed veggies. Is that okay?

Replies

• idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Yummy!!!! I love broccoli and cauliflower...oh, and artichoke, and mushrooms...but oh, right, your question: go for it!
  • Steamed veggies are definately ok to go back for seconds!! :) If they have some raw veggies they be great to sneak out to keep on you for snacks.
  • arispawild
    arispawild Posts: 155
    Awesome! Because I'm always afraid I'll eat way too many and go over my cal limit. (They do have a killer salad bar!)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Steamed broccoli is my favorite! It's sooo yummy. So are steamed peas and carrots :) I don't really have a problem going back for seconds, so I guess it's up to how much you've had for the day.
  • I'm not a vegan but I so loove steamed veggies especially broccoli. Its OK to have 2nd or even 5th servings of it but go easy on the sauces or dips because they will add up calories so fast.
  • So good! I like steamed broccoli with Slap Your Mama seasoning on it...so yummy!
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Steamed veggies are fine but you do need to eat things with protein in them to balance your diet.