Amending your weight as you lose weight???

Options
Hi,
I’m new to this so apologise if this is stupid question. Started out at 15stone, about 95kg I believe, and I lost 5lbs in my first week
So my question is, should I be updating my new weekly weight to therefore adjust my calorie intake? Or does the app do this for you? Or do I just continue with my original daily goal? Confused.com. Or maybe just really thick lol.
Thanks in advance

Replies

• Hyacinth_Hippo
    Hyacinth_Hippo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I track my weight whenever I weigh myself, so I can see my progress. I don't amend my calories as I lose weight because I've only lost like 10 lbs so far which wouldn't make much of a difference on my calorie intake. If you hit a plateau or are feeling starving all the time, then I would say you should adjust your calorie intake.
  • VictorSmashes
    VictorSmashes Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. Like the user above said, 5-10 lbs is not a lot of calorie difference. If you're sticking to a strict calorie goal then it's worth the consideration. But 10 lb down for me only decreased my calorie goal by 30 calories. Not much of a difference especially when my calories fluctuate by day. You can keep an eye on it and keep changing it but I know that personally it doesn't make a difference to me. It might not for you.
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I do log all my weight ins—because I can see trends in how I drop weight and understand fluctuations a bit more.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    In order to reset your calorie budget you have to go to the goals again. Just logging your weight won't change it. Once you make a change it will reset to the current weight. I wouldn't worry about it until you're down 20 or so.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,305 Member
    Options
    I'm just add my weight when I lose my goal is 1200 a day so sticking to that as quite low.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I reset goals every 10 lbs. That also seems to be where my plateaus happen.
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 70lbs and have never reset my goals. I figure I'm not fixing something that's not broken. If you plateau, then look at it.