Where do you buy sneakers?

Options
I used to go to Academy, but I moved to Chicago and they don't have one here. I typically prefer New Balance. I will be using them for walking (casual and brisk pace) and occasional jogging. Where is the best place to buy exercise sneakers??

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I have bought some from academy online, Amazon, 6pm.com, and holabird
  • kristen5286
    kristen5286 Posts: 329 Member
    Options

I've considered buying online. I just really need to try the shoes on, though. I'm so picky. I need tons of support while also feeling like I'm walking on clouds!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Once I've selected a brand, currently Asics, I buy from Zappos.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options

I've considered buying online. I just really need to try the shoes on, though. I'm so picky. I need tons of support while also feeling like I'm walking on clouds!

I figured you already knew which style you liked. I try to order with free shipping/returns, so it would be ok if they didn't work.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I like New Balance as well. Luckily I have access to an outlet. I definitely need to try my shoes on. I wish I could just pick up a cute pair at Marshall's, etc. It cost a little more but the shoes I've bought at my local running store I've had best luck with. They seem to be able to really pinpoint my needs and I am not a runner.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options

I figured you already knew which style you liked. I try to order with free shipping/returns, so it would be ok if they didn't work.

Sometimes you love a certain style but they still vary though🤷
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I’ve worn the Ghost model by Brooks for years so I’m confident of the fit. Order online from Brooks via Ebates (or whatever they changed yheir name to).
  • nikkibrianne64
    nikkibrianne64 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I got a pair of Oasis running shoes from clearance for $35!
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Local running store—they will analyze and get you a pair that lasts years
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I used to go to Academy, but I moved to Chicago and they don't have one here. I typically prefer New Balance. I will be using them for walking (casual and brisk pace) and occasional jogging. Where is the best place to buy exercise sneakers??

I tried on brands at a local sporting goods store. Once I found a brand and style that worked I bought one pair and then get new pairs from either Amazon or 6PM.

You should be professionally fitted and be fair by making a purchase if they have something that works. After that, anything goes to replace at the lowest available price.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    We have a good local running store, which replaced the really bad local running store. (Former one had no shoes in my wide size - ever.)

Do you have a Fleet Feet near you? Or Roadrunner Sports?
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options

Do an internet search of Running Stores near you, test each out (window shop, ask questions, feel out the staff) and go to the one YOU like best.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Depends...when I was running a lot I always bought my running shoes from a dedicated running store.

For the weight room I prefer Nike Metcon...usually get them at Dick's Sporting Goods

For general daily wear, walking, etc I wear a cross trainer...I'm not really brand specific, it just depends on what feels right when I'm trying on the shoes. I also have to wear arch inserts, so those have to be able to fit too. Usually get those shoes at Dicks as well...mostly because it's close to my house.
  • cyndit1
    cyndit1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm a distance runner so my shoes are uber important. I run alternating 2 pair and always were Brooks Glycerin (either 16s which are on sale now and 17s which are the newest model). I usually go through 2 pair every 3 or 4 months so cost is important. I buy them from Roadrunner sports generally and am in their VIP program so get discounts and special sale prices.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I buy from either Bob's Clothing stores or DSW shoes in New England. Good selection and prices.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Shoes.com all day.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Modell's.
  • kristen5286
    kristen5286 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    We have a good local running store, which replaced the really bad local running store. (Former one had no shoes in my wide size - ever.)

I ended up going to Fleet Feet and bought a pair of Brooks and they are amazing!! Best shoes I've ever owned!
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

I ended up going to Fleet Feet and bought a pair of Brooks and they are amazing!! Best shoes I've ever owned!

See you already got some but the Aurora (IL) Outlet Mall (think the official name is Chicago Premium Outlets) has stores for several of the major brands of "sneakers"

Same with the Pleasant Prairie (WI) premium outlets. May be closer depending on what part of Chicago you're located in. Just north of the Il border on I-94.

We are downstate IL but go to Chicago area and WI several times a year so stock up.

Can find some really good deals.