How’s your journey going?

Options
bbasusena
bbasusena Posts: 27 Member
It’s been up in down the last month for me, but I feel like this app has helped a lot! I can’t wait for another month and see how I’m doing. Are you guys seeing any progress? Positive vibes your way!!🙌🏼👏🏼

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Do you have any questions that might help you lessen the downs and increase the ups?

I have seen quite a bit of progress but I have been at it for over a year so I have gotten past a lot of the early speed bumps.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've lost over 50 pounds with the help of MFP. I'm almost to my goal weight.

Using a weight tending app like Libra can help you to see your weight loss trends, if you don't already use one.
  • WSwalknLAC9000
    WSwalknLAC9000 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    All positive vibes accepted! Ups & downs, hurdles, obstacles, plateaus...they are all similar & hinder our progress in life. The crazy thing about seeing progress is, I still see myself as I did when I was 50lbs heavier. But that’s where those progress photos are the evidence that show your mind that all the hard work is paying off. Keep up the dedication & try to cut out those empty calories wherever you can in your diet. If you are not vegan/vegetarian I would also advise you to incorporate a vegan only meal into your diet plan, I would say breakfast or lunch, whichever is easier for your daily routine. Good luck on your quest.

Best wishes,
    Dennis
  • bbasusena
    Options
    @NovusDies, not really probably jus having that motivation. But as soon as I see some progress it makes me want to keep doing what I’m doing. Wow a year.. it’s been almost two months for me, I wonder where I will be in a year!! Crazy!

@lalalacroix, wow!!! Nice! I’m only using this app and it’s helping me a lot.

@dlamothe9000, thanks for the advice. And wow you’ve also lot 50lbs. That’s crazy!! I’ve only lost a few and I can see the difference. But I can’t wait to see what more I can achieve. Keep up the good work.
  • kimondo666
    kimondo666 Posts: 194 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    aye i did lose 28lbs currently, but there was better time, where i lost 42 lbs. Then i did not stick to mfp and the result was gaining some of it back. I think when i get to my goal weight, i will still log my maintenance, to stay at it. 5 years only 28lbs, but this year will be better as my goal is clearer.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Thanks to MFP and all those supportive members - very, very well. "Sailing" towards 500 days....
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    @bbasusena

In a year you can make a tremendous progress towards your goal. Just don't rely on motivation too much. Keep things simple and easy for yourself.
  • Pickle107
    Pickle107 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've lost 13.5 lbs in total. Just got back on the horse after a 3 month break where I only put on 2lbs not tracking my calories (which was a miracle). Things are slowing as I'm now 20lbs from my ideal weight but that's to be expected. I'm upping my exercise so even if I don't lose so much weight, it'll help me tone up.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hey

I started out in February this year at 184lbs. I had just had my first baby in the November and had put on a lot of weight (my own fault for eating too much junk during pregnancy). This is my 6th month since starting and I’ve lost just over 43lbs. My original goal weight was 147, however, I didn’t feel comfortable at that weight and I’m now at 140.6. I’ve set myself a new goal weight but recently I’ve been eating some junk food and I’m trying to justify it by telling myself “You’re already way past your GW, it’s allowed” (I know I should not be thinking like this) So that’s what I’m currently struggling with.

I’m glad to hear you feel MFP has helped you, it’s also helped me a great deal. Without MFP, I don’t think I’d have lost anywhere near what I have so far. Well done everyone 😊
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    lost around 60 so far and building more muscle with weight training. I still have 30-40 to go as far as fat loss, but I feel incredible!
  • Susan3758
    Susan3758 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yes I lost 54lbs just tracking calories and resisting junk food etc, been maintaining between 102 too 105 for 2 years now. Even now I look at chocolate etc and am tempted but am good at just saying no. MFP has been a great help
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hello! My journey keeps going on! I’ve tried so many things and the best way for me to stay on track with losing and maintaining is prelogging for the following day based on what’s in the fridge. I’ve been to my goal twice and gone back up and now I’m on my way back to goal now. I’m committed to the pre log, cause it lets me be free from decisions that sabotage me.
  • bbasusena
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing your progress and your accomplishments! I said even if you lost one or two pounds it’s the willingness to keep going is what counts. For me even if I don’t see a big number of lbs lost, I see it in myself. My jeans fit better, I feel energized.

Great job everyone, let’s keep going 👏🏼👏🏼