nightclub dancing...

Options
my mum was on a night out last night and she's come home this morning telling me she can add the dancing she did last night as exercise... I don't agree! what do you all think?

Replies

• emmyworthy
    emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I used to do it all the time, so that I could log the alcohol I drank and not be over my calorie limit!!! If she feels like she worked up a sweat and logs sensibly I don't see why you can't log a good night of dancing with friends under "Dancing, General". I know if I'm clubbing and dancing really crazy I certainly feel like I've done a workout!!!!

=]
  • CookieMonsterSammy
    Options
    she said she was dancing none stop for around 4 hours, so she added it on to make up for the alcohol she drank. she will be pleased to know someone agree's with her lol
  • movemebotty
    Options
    Yay thanks Emma I danced like a mad woman for over 4 hours so thought it should count for something haha :)
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Dancing IS exercise. I love to dance. I log the dancing I do in private, I'd certainly log it if I was working up a sweat in public!

I don't drink though, so it'd be pure burn :happy:
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Yay thanks Emma I danced like a mad woman for over 4 hours so thought it should count for something haha :)

I absolutely agree with you! I have no idea why anyone would *not* consider four hours' worth of dancing worthy exercise....after all, if Zumba counts, why not other dancing? Maybe it's only valid if you dance to a DVD or Kinect? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • eagle_01
    eagle_01 Posts: 94
    Options
    It counts in my book :))
  • Ludachris313
    Options
    I COMPLETELY agree! Especially in Orlando, where they pack all of the clubs with as many tourists as they can daily. lol! I usually have to step outside at least once or twice while at the club because I get so hot. There's no way you dont burn calories in the middle of a Pittbull song! hahahah!
  • movemebotty
    Options
    haha!!!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    why wouldnt you count it?
  • movemebotty
    Options
    So glad your all on my side :D I can go out next week and do it all again now haha
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    It's fine to log it but make sure you log it fairly - I mean is it 4 hours of dancing or 4 hours of dancing, going to the ladie's, queuing at the bar, chatting to friends etc etc... Nobody dances the whole time they are in a club, so make sure you take some time off to allow for these things!
  • movemebotty
    Options
    I have , I was in the club around 6-7 hours was shattered lol :)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    id count it! why not?