UK Newbie

Options
Hi all, ive had an account on MFP for a while but only just starting to use it to it full potential, have the IPod app which is very handy.

My problem with lossing weight is i lack motivation, although this time round i am doing much better. Zumba helps as i tend t find gyms boring i like fitness that doesnt feel like a chore.

If anyone interested in a fitness buddy in the stafford\cannock (UK) area let me know i find working out with people much better and it also guilt trips me in to going the gym when i say im going too lol

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    GOOD morning for uk also! there are alot of us out here you know...
    if you don't like gyms then do not go...and i'm affraid to say but when you 1st start out exersice will be a super chore but work through it and it will soon become 2nd nature xxx
    i am also a at home looser! lol
  • kernowprincess
    kernowprincess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I'm from the UK too, Reading in Berkshire (originally from Cornwall). I do half my workouts at home, I run a couple of times a week and use Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I do, however, use a Curves gym for motivational purposes. I find just doing it at home I tend to give up too quickly.. (must do the housework, cook, ironing, etc). You can add me if you would like. :flowerforyou:
  • ebonyuk72
    Options
    Hello
    My first post on this message board so I'm a bit nervous. I'm Lisa from Kent, I'm married and have a 14year old daughter with Aspergers. We also have a gorgeous Golden Retriever puppy called Harley. Harley is my 'gym' if you like, I can't stand the thought of going to a gym so I take him for longish walks. The stress of my daughter problems means that I've piled on nearly 3stone in the past 2 years and would seriously love to loose it. I've lost 6lb so far but have been on holiday last week so didnt really stick to it that it well. I'm home now and trying to stick to the calorie's i'm allowed but its getting hard going. Feel free to add me to friends lists, i'm hoping some inspiration from others will help, and hopefully I can help others too.
  • DuncanRedford
    Options
    Hello
    My first post on this message board so I'm a bit nervous. I'm Lisa from Kent, I'm married and have a 14year old daughter with Aspergers. We also have a gorgeous Golden Retriever puppy called Harley. Harley is my 'gym' if you like, I can't stand the thought of going to a gym so I take him for longish walks. The stress of my daughter problems means that I've piled on nearly 3stone in the past 2 years and would seriously love to loose it. I've lost 6lb so far but have been on holiday last week so didnt really stick to it that it well. I'm home now and trying to stick to the calorie's i'm allowed but its getting hard going. Feel free to add me to friends lists, i'm hoping some inspiration from others will help, and hopefully I can help others too.

Your Puppy looks adorable! What a great way to workout! I live in Blackheath and look jealously at all the dog walkers whilst on my runs.
    Don't worry about not sticking to mfp and diets on holiday it why they are there. I'm guessing your daughter will be back at school in a couple of weeks? I find routine really helpful for getting into good habits of eating and exercise!!!
    8lb is a great start to your weightloss! Well done. Feel free to add me as a friend - I'm afriad being a Brit I'm not quite such a natural at the "way to go!" and "nice job" s as the americans on here are but I do my best!!!
  • princesshebrew
    princesshebrew Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Nice to find someone on here who is local to me! I am new to the site too, so anyone else who is from the Stafford/Cannock area, please get in touch!
  • upsydaisy2011
    upsydaisy2011 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi have also recently joined needing some motivation to lose weight. Several years ago I lost 3 stone doing a slimming class and maintained my weight ever since but recently having returned to uni and a career change a few lbs seem to have crept back on. I have around 11lbs to lose and have recently joined the local gym and starting taking classes. I hate the gym so tend to only use the classes. Could really do with support and motivation. Feel free to add me