how do i reach my goal without being obsessed and burned out?

Options
candomble_3
candomble_3 Posts: 1 Member
edited August 2019 in Motivation and Support
HI Guys

I have been trying to lose weight for the past 3 years and achieved great results (lost 20kg) but i need to get rid off 8kg which are the most difficult one as i cant seem to lose them and each time im trying to i get obsessed and lose control.

I need support as the previous times when i nearly reached my goal i literally had a breakdown, i couldnt go to the gym i didnt find all those efforts worth taking and got severely depressed.

I dont know if anyone had felt the same, where you are going to reach your goal and start sabotaging for whichever reason?

if you have any tips would be great to share.

thanks guys

N

Replies

• Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    How to reach your goals without being obsessed..

I have to say, there is a certain amount of obsession that goes into getting that cut look.. what you need to ask yourself is if this goal is really what you want, and what you are willing to give up to reach it. Are you dedicated to losing the baby fat and getting to the level of cut you want to see? If so.. nothing can stop you..
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert, but it sounds like you've got some emotional weight you need to shift. Have you ever had any therapy?
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I get burned out too. Im just so tired of "dieting" and thinking all the time about my food and fitness goals.

Yet, I've learned losing the weight.. it isn't how you feel that really matters, it is what you do. So, I can feel burned out - but I keep on doing the right thing..eating right to maintain. However ,taking a night or two off from my eating plan..gives me enough of a break ..but I never quit or binge. I just tell myself. yeah,. I feel burned out..but I'll get over it...
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    you have had some excellent replies! i would just add the following: i think your version of obsession means you get really perfectionistic about weight loss and that you're not able to maintain a lot of discomfort if you don't see what you want (ie. weight loss). (which makes total sense btw.) you are probably beating yourself up and breaking when you're at a low.
    there are a lot of different things that could help you work around your issues, but the main issue is that you have some pretty gnarly feelings about yourself and your weight. the general solution is to work on feeling good at whatever weight you are. when you can see weight as a something you do and not a reflection on your worthiness as a person you can put weightloss where it belongs: more in the "project category". that way you can be healthfully obsessed with it in a way that helps you maintain your weight and not in a way your brain just uses against you to make you feel bad.

I am sending you all the best vibes and I hope you figure it out in a way that works best for you.