Cold all the time!

Options
Just wondered if anyone else out there feels cold constantly now that they have shed quite a bit of weight? Prior to MFP, I lost 32lbs and MFP has helped me push myself even further - but I just wish I felt a bit warmer!

Replies

• gislihh
    gislihh Posts: 10
    Options
    Been there. It means you are consuming so few calories that your body has turned your metabolism low.
  • RDTaylor13
    RDTaylor13 Posts: 160
    Options
    I can't say that I'm cold all the time. but I have noticed that I'm not overheating as much with the heat and humidity. sweating a lot less too.
  • Kjanthony
    Options
    me too! I am cold all the time !:ohwell:
  • SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    If you have any other symptoms - like needing more sleep - go and see your doctor.

Constantly feeling cold can be a symptom of hypothyroidism or iron deficiency (both easily fixed once diagonosed)
  • sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options
    Yes I find myself cold more often. And it can't be due to too few calories as mentioned above as I try to get near 2000 a day these days.
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I am always frozen! MY fingers constantly cold. I keep a pair of gloves in my bag for mornings and evenings. Sometimes I wear them through the day and I live in Australia (where it never really gets 'that' cold). It's a pain in the bum!
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Yep im cold all the time!! Oh hang on its winter here LOL But seriously yes I do feel the cold infact I am suffering from chilbains on my toes because of it!
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Yep im cold all the time!! Oh hang on its winter here LOL But seriously yes I do feel the cold infact I am suffering from chilbains on my toes because of it!
  • JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    YESSS and I hate it! I get so cold sometimes that it literally ruins my day. Ill be out with my husband at a packed bar where everyone is hot and ill be shivering just wishing I was home under a blanket. I still get hot sometimes when the weather is really hot but usually i am covered in goose bumps while everyone else is hot. I cant stand it. I KNOW its not because I dont eat enough calories because I eat PLENTY. More than I should some days. Its just because this is the thinnest my body has ever been so im not used to it,
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I asked this question amoung friends and most everyone I know that has lost weight feels colder than they used to...I know I do. I'm usually wearing long sleeves and a jacket in the hospital...granted it's cold in there all the time, but I used to do find in a short sleeve t-shirt before!!
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    Feeling cold all the time is one of the symptoms of hypothyroidism.
  • snewsome4
    Options
    This happened to me about 16 years ago. I went on a low fat diet, started going to
    Gold's Gym everyday, and quit smoking. After about 6 months of this, in August in Southwest Georgia, with the temps over 100 and high humidity, I was FREEZING and had gained weight instead of losing - I knew something was wrong, and the Dr. diagnosed me with hypothyroidism. If any other symptoms are present, you may want to see your doctor. Good luck! I hope all is well.
  • JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Feeling cold all the time is one of the symptoms of hypothyroidism.

I actually just got tested for hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism and the tests came back negative..