Just to make yous feel more smarter

Options
Anna_Banana
Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
'Millionaire' Contestant Makes Worst Use Of Lifelines Ever

milionaire.jpg

NEW YORK - Idaho resident Kathy Evans brought humiliation to her friends and family Tuesday when she set a new standard for stupidity with her appearance on the popular TV show, 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.'

It seems that Evans, a 32-year-old wife and mother of two, got stuck on the first question, and proceeded to make what fans of the show are dubbing 'the absolute worst use of lifelines ever.'
After being introduced to the show's host Meredith Vieira, Evans assured her that she was ready to play, whereupon she was posed with an extremely easy $100 question. The question was: 'Which of the following is the largest?'

A) A Peanut
B) An Elephant
C) The Moon
D) Hey, who you calling large?

Immediately Mrs. Evans was struck with an all consuming panic as she realized that this was a question to which she did not readily know the answer.
'Hmm, oh boy, that's a toughie,' said Evans, as Vieira did her level best to hide her disbelief and disgust. 'I mean, I'm sure I've heard of some of these things before, but I have no idea how large they would be.'
Evans made the decision to use the first of her three lifelines, the 50/50. Answers A and D were removed, leaving her to decide which was bigger, an elephant or the moon. However, faced with an incredibly easy question, Evans still remained unsure.
'Oh! It removed the two I was leaning towards!' exclaimed Evans. 'Darn. I think I better phone a friend.'
Using the second of her two lifelines on the first question, Mrs. Evans asked to be connected with her friend Betsy, who is an office assistant.
'Hi Betsy! How are you? This is Kathy! I'm on TV!' said Evans, wasting the first seven seconds of her call. 'Ok, I got an important question. Which of the following is the largest? B, an elephant, or C, the moon. 15 seconds hun.'
Betsy quickly replied that the answer was C, the moon. Evans proceeded to argue with her friend for the remaining ten seconds.
'Come on Betsy, are you sure?' said Evans. 'How sure are you? Duh, that can't be it.'
To everyone's astonishment, the moronic Evans declined to take her friend's advice and pick 'The Moon.'
'I just don't know if I can trust Betsy. She's not all that bright. So I think I'd like to ask the audience,' said Evans.
Asked to vote on the correct answer, the audience returned 98% in favor of answer C, 'The Moon.' Having used up all her lifelines, Evans then made the dumbest choice of her life.
'Wow, seems like everybody is against what I'm thinking,' said the too-stupid-to-live Evans. 'But you know, sometimes you just got to go with your gut. So, let's see. For which is larger, an elephant or the moon, I'm going to have to go with B, an elephant. Final answer.'
Evans sat before the dumbfounded audience, the only one waiting with bated breath, and was told that she was wrong, and that the answer was in fact, C, 'The Moon.'
Caution...they walk among us!

This one is actually better! (No comments needed!)

millionaire2.jpg

millionaire3.jpg

millionaire4.jpg

Caution... They Walk Among Us!
Some guy bought a new fridge for his house. To get rid of his old fridge, he put it in his front yard and hung a sign on it saying: 'Free to good home. You want it, you take it.' For three days the fridge sat there without even one person looking twice at it. He eventually decided that people were too un-trusting of this deal.
It looked too good to be true, so he changed the sign to read: 'Fridge for sale $50.'

The next day someone stole it!

***They walk amongst us!***

*One day I was walking down the beach with some friends when someone shouted....'Look at that dead bird!' Someone looked up at the sky and said...'where?'

***They walk among us!!***

While looking at a house, my brother asked the estate agent which direction was north because, he explained, he didn't want the sun waking him up every morning. She asked, 'Does the sun rise in the north?' When my brother explained that the sun rises in the east, and has for sometime, she shook her head and said, 'Oh, I don't keep up with that stuff'

***They Walk Among Us!!***

My colleague and I were eating our lunch in our cafeteria, when we overheard one of the administrative assistants talking about the sunburn she got on her weekend drive to the beach. She drove down in a convertible, but 'didn't think she'd get sunburned because the car was moving'.

***They Walk Among Us!!!!***

My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car it's designed to cut through a seat belt if she gets trapped She keeps it in the trunk.

***They Walk Among Us!!!!!***

Replies

• Anna_Banana
    Options
    'Millionaire' Contestant Makes Worst Use Of Lifelines Ever

milionaire.jpg

NEW YORK - Idaho resident Kathy Evans brought humiliation to her friends and family Tuesday when she set a new standard for stupidity with her appearance on the popular TV show, 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.'

It seems that Evans, a 32-year-old wife and mother of two, got stuck on the first question, and proceeded to make what fans of the show are dubbing 'the absolute worst use of lifelines ever.'
    After being introduced to the show's host Meredith Vieira, Evans assured her that she was ready to play, whereupon she was posed with an extremely easy $100 question. The question was: 'Which of the following is the largest?'

A) A Peanut
    B) An Elephant
    C) The Moon
    D) Hey, who you calling large?

Immediately Mrs. Evans was struck with an all consuming panic as she realized that this was a question to which she did not readily know the answer.
    'Hmm, oh boy, that's a toughie,' said Evans, as Vieira did her level best to hide her disbelief and disgust. 'I mean, I'm sure I've heard of some of these things before, but I have no idea how large they would be.'
    Evans made the decision to use the first of her three lifelines, the 50/50. Answers A and D were removed, leaving her to decide which was bigger, an elephant or the moon. However, faced with an incredibly easy question, Evans still remained unsure.
    'Oh! It removed the two I was leaning towards!' exclaimed Evans. 'Darn. I think I better phone a friend.'
    Using the second of her two lifelines on the first question, Mrs. Evans asked to be connected with her friend Betsy, who is an office assistant.
    'Hi Betsy! How are you? This is Kathy! I'm on TV!' said Evans, wasting the first seven seconds of her call. 'Ok, I got an important question. Which of the following is the largest? B, an elephant, or C, the moon. 15 seconds hun.'
    Betsy quickly replied that the answer was C, the moon. Evans proceeded to argue with her friend for the remaining ten seconds.
    'Come on Betsy, are you sure?' said Evans. 'How sure are you? Duh, that can't be it.'
    To everyone's astonishment, the moronic Evans declined to take her friend's advice and pick 'The Moon.'
    'I just don't know if I can trust Betsy. She's not all that bright. So I think I'd like to ask the audience,' said Evans.
    Asked to vote on the correct answer, the audience returned 98% in favor of answer C, 'The Moon.' Having used up all her lifelines, Evans then made the dumbest choice of her life.
    'Wow, seems like everybody is against what I'm thinking,' said the too-stupid-to-live Evans. 'But you know, sometimes you just got to go with your gut. So, let's see. For which is larger, an elephant or the moon, I'm going to have to go with B, an elephant. Final answer.'
    Evans sat before the dumbfounded audience, the only one waiting with bated breath, and was told that she was wrong, and that the answer was in fact, C, 'The Moon.'
    Caution...they walk among us!

This one is actually better! (No comments needed!)

millionaire2.jpg

millionaire3.jpg

millionaire4.jpg

Caution... They Walk Among Us!
    Some guy bought a new fridge for his house. To get rid of his old fridge, he put it in his front yard and hung a sign on it saying: 'Free to good home. You want it, you take it.' For three days the fridge sat there without even one person looking twice at it. He eventually decided that people were too un-trusting of this deal.
    It looked too good to be true, so he changed the sign to read: 'Fridge for sale $50.'

The next day someone stole it!

***They walk amongst us!***

*One day I was walking down the beach with some friends when someone shouted....'Look at that dead bird!' Someone looked up at the sky and said...'where?'

***They walk among us!!***

While looking at a house, my brother asked the estate agent which direction was north because, he explained, he didn't want the sun waking him up every morning. She asked, 'Does the sun rise in the north?' When my brother explained that the sun rises in the east, and has for sometime, she shook her head and said, 'Oh, I don't keep up with that stuff'

***They Walk Among Us!!***

My colleague and I were eating our lunch in our cafeteria, when we overheard one of the administrative assistants talking about the sunburn she got on her weekend drive to the beach. She drove down in a convertible, but 'didn't think she'd get sunburned because the car was moving'.

***They Walk Among Us!!!!***

My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car it's designed to cut through a seat belt if she gets trapped She keeps it in the trunk.

***They Walk Among Us!!!!!***
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    Just a couple more.:bigsmile:

I was hanging out with a friend when we saw a woman with a nose ring attached to an earring by a chain. My friend said, 'Wouldn't the chain rip out every time she turned her head?' I had to explain that a person's nose and ear remain the same distance apart no matter which way the head is turned...

***They Walk Among Us!!!!!!! ***

I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area. So I went to the lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags never showed up. She smiled and told me not to worry because she was a trained professional and I was in good hands. 'Now,' she asked me, 'Has your plane arrived yet?'..
    (I work with professionals like this.)

***They Walk Among Us!!!!!!!!***

While working at a pizza parlour I observed a man ordering a small pizza to go. He appeared to be alone and the cook asked him if he would like it cut into 4 pieces or 6. He thought about it for some time before responding. 'Just cut it into 4 pieces; I don't think I'm hungry enough to eat 6 pieces.

***Yep, They Walk Among Us, too.!!!!!!!!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    This hurts my head a little.

I wonder if I can sell any of them some ocean front property I have in Nebraska, REALLY cheap. It's a steal!
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    This hurts my head a little.

I wonder if I can sell any of them some ocean front property I have in Nebraska, REALLY cheap. It's a steal!

Hey I live in Nebraska, where's your property at, could I go look at it. I've always wanted to go to the ocean.:bigsmile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    do you think maybe elephant girl was faking stupidity? I mean seriously, nobody can be that dumb right? Maybe she just wanted attention?:huh:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I really needed to feel smarter this morning :laugh:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    do you think maybe elephant girl was faking stupidity? I mean seriously, nobody can be that dumb right? Maybe she just wanted attention?:huh:
    Maybe it was all the lights! She got stage fright??? She will never be able to live that one down. Don't they screen these people before they go on the show????

Memaw
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    This was a hoax.........

http://www.who-wants-to-be-a-millionaire-game-online.com/millionaire-trivia-game.htm

Who wants to be a millionaire game hall of shame contestant number 2

The who wants to be a millionaire game HOAX An email hoax about 'who wants to be a millionaire game' spread like wildfire in the internet in the beginning of 2007. The story went that a contestant from Idaho named Kathy Evans appeared on who wants to be a millionaire, and couldn't make it past the first question, which as every who wants to be a millionaire game fan knows, would be easy for a four year old. According to the circulated hoax, Mrs. Evans, a happily wed 32 year old mother of two, could not determine which was larger – a peanut, the moon or an elephant. Upon being presented with this brain teaser, our imaginary Kathy panicked, didn't know what to do, and eventually chose to use up one of her lifelines. After eliminating two answers using the 50-50 lifeline, she was left with two possible answers – the moon or an elephant. According to the urban legend, this was not enough for her, and she chose to use her second lifeline, by calling her friend, who as expected said she was quite sure that the moon would be bigger than an elephant. After arguing with her for the allotted time, she was still not convinced and chose to use the last remaining who wants to be a millionaire game lifeline –the audience vote. Eventually, of course, she decided to go by her guts, and chose the wrong answer, insisting that an elephant is larger than the moon. This story definitely has an appeal, especially to who wants to be a millionaire game fans who probably fantasized similar scenarios from time to time. In fact, it was so convincing that the story was even picked up by many websites and bloggers who totally bought into it. Actually, the story was made up by prankster Ben Spierenburg who gained notoriety as the author of this brilliant hoax. In dreaming up a story that was so incredible that many people believed it to be true, and thus giving humanity a bad name, Ben truly earned his place in the who wants to be a millionaire game hall of shame, without even having been on the show.
  • amycakes812
    Options
    You just made my day!! Thank you. :laugh:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    This is so :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I love this - thanks anna_banana..

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Even if it's a hoax, it funny. And George W. Bush? By the way, who's buried in Grant's tomb? :laugh: :laugh:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Even if it's a hoax, it funny. And George W. Bush? By the way, who's buried in Grant's tomb? :laugh: :laugh:

Hmm, I give who?

Hey what color was George Washington's white horse?
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options

Hmm, I give who?

Hey what color was George Washington's white horse?

Trick question. "White" horses are actually classified as "grey" in the equine world, owing to their black skin. :tongue:
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    "more smarter"?:wink::huh:
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    OOh OOh OOh!!! I've got one!

My checks are very generic and have my banks logo colors and the logo itself on it large enough so you can't miss it. I went to MY bank with MY check made out for cash ( I was a little broke) handed it over to the teller with my ID. The teller looks at the check, looks at the ID and ask's me " Do you have an account here?"

She caught on quick when she saw :huh: the look on my face :blushing: . I held it together until I got to the car then had a real good giggle for myself. :laugh:
  • greeneggsam
    Options
    OOh OOh OOh!!! I've got one!

My checks are very generic and have my banks logo colors and the logo itself on it large enough so you can't miss it. I went to MY bank with MY check made out for cash ( I was a little broke) handed it over to the teller with my ID. The teller looks at the check, looks at the ID and ask's me " Do you have an account here?"

She caught on quick when she saw :huh: the look on my face :blushing: . I held it together until I got to the car then had a real good giggle for myself. :laugh:

OK, as a teller, I've gotta explain this one. If you make a check out to cash, ANYONE can cash it. However, if you gave the check to somebody without an account there, they could cash it at your bank, but the teller would have to follow a different process to cash it (generally fingerprinting and/or a second ID). Just have to represent for the tellers out there!
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Awww Green, you birst my little bubble. So I guess it isn't such a good one.