Eating out dilemma

Options
Right, I'm on day 9 of the Rosemary Conley GI Hip & Thigh diet, Fat Attack Fortnight!

So far I've lost 4lb in the first week :happy: and am still going strong following the daily menu plans rather than freestyling. Its the first time in ages that a specific eating plan has worked and I want to stick at it.

The Dilemma - I have a "hag" do on Thursday evening. Curry and alcohol are on the menu........the alcohol I can live without - just, but I want to ensure that I make the best choice for the curry.

On the eating plans I can and have been eating basmati rice, so that's that bit sorted but as for the curry should I go for a vegetable based or chicken based one (obviously not ones in a creamy sauce).

Any thoughts??

Replies

• ji225
    ji225 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Stay away from Korma, maybe Jalfrezi if you need a bit of sauce which is tomato based, or tandoori chicken is good but can be a bit dry. Veg curries might not fill you up as much, unless you ask for something with lots of bean or chick peas. Good luck and enjoy!:) Indian is okay once in a while, and if you pick wisely.

Unfortuntely I spent 2 months in India and loved it a bit too much - put on a stone in the time I was there, when most people would lost (prob due to being sick). Beer and curry everyday was a bit much for me:)
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I think chicken or prawn tikka (not tikka massala) are the best options for fat and cals, naan breads a no no especially the peshwari :-( (my favourite!) also tandori (spelling?) chicken. Otherwise, avoid fried, creamy, buttery, normal rules lol. If I'm drinking I go for the spirits with a 0 cal mixer. Good luck and hope you have a great time :-)
  • PurpleAud
    Options
    Hi the best choice is either chicken tikka or chicken tandoori. They have the least calories. Goodluck:drinker: :happy:
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Tandoori chicken... or Tikki. Prawn curry would also be low in cals...
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Usually if I make plans to go out to a restaurant I just enjoy myself. One meal will not destroy everything. The scale might show a little excess water weight but that's it. But I don't worry about fat and calories. I eat more fat than any other macronutrient. About 70%. I keep my carbs in check - get them through veggies with some berries on occasion.
  • JayneERich
    JayneERich Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Luckily I love both tikka and tandoori