Low calorie lunch options

Options
Looking for some really good low calorie lunch options. I keep repeating the same and def not eating enough protein in that meal

Replies

• sefajane1
    sefajane1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    What is "low calorie" to you?
  • taraheusch
    taraheusch Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Under 400 calories
  • sefajane1
    Options
    Blimey, there's too many! Today my lunch was an 847g serving of the vegetable stew and a 194g serving of the potatoes. It totalled 345 calories.
  • sefajane1
    Options
    Argh! I cant upload the screenshot of the recipes 🤬
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste and budgetbytes have awesome lunch recipes and the calorie totals alongside. (Also; any recipe can be made low-calorie if you split it into more servings!)

Some ones I have relied on (paying careful attention to the portion sizes and using MFPs recipe builder to confirm); meatballs with a side of cauliflower rice, sautéed chicken with a side of veggie stir fry, spaghetti squash with your sauce of choice (another good recipe to pair with meatballs), Santa Fe chicken tacos, tuna salad sandwich, chicken salad on lettuce, and veggie/turkey/chicken chili. Use veggies to bulk up your meal!
  • taraheusch
    taraheusch Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I’m going to have to search around and maybe do some meal prep on a Sunday so I’m not stuck for ideas
    Appreciate the help!
  • unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    This (along with some chopped veggies on the side) is my go-to for my work meals. Hubby and I also sometimes bake up chicken strips before work to throw on top of a salad.
  • goatelope
    goatelope Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    We need a forum I think, for recipes at various calories
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    This week I batch-cooked a vegetable chilli. Nice hearty portions, reasonable protein from the beans, about 370 kcal per portion; no recipe required, just chuck in whatever you like and spice it up :)

Last week I batch-cooked a Moroccan-inspired mess of roasted vegetables and quinoa, with apricots, dates, dukkah and fresh coriander, for about the same calories.
  • mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Last week I prepped a salad for ~300 kcal which had:
    • Bulgur wheat
    • Red quinoa
    • Beans (I just used a mix from the supermarket, cooked in stock)
    • Steamed spring greens (any robust green veg would work)
    • Sesame dressing
    • 40g hummus on the side

and I also added a boiled egg on the side. About 16g protein. You could add Greek yoghurt for dessert to up the protein or could mix in tofu/seitan/meat.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    mortuseon_ wrote: »
    Last week I prepped a salad for ~300 kcal which had:
    • Bulgur wheat
    • Red quinoa
    • Beans (I just used a mix from the supermarket, cooked in stock)
    • Steamed spring greens (any robust green veg would work)
    • Sesame dressing
    • 40g hummus on the side

and I also added a boiled egg on the side. About 16g protein. You could add Greek yoghurt for dessert to up the protein or could mix in tofu/seitan/meat.

...how? The hummus alone is 140 kcal. Just 15g each of dry quinoa and bulghur would be around 100 kcal, so by the time you've added as little as 20g of beans that's 300 calories before any dressing! Or did you just have very small quantities of all those things, and a very big pile of greens?
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,995 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Salmon & Salad, Total Calories 542...low carbs, high protein (this is 7 oz salmon, so you want it all under 400 calories, go with a 4 oz piece and total would be 386 calories.)

isjhky35e6m0.jpg