Sport Bra for running?

Options
Hi
I've decided to take up a running class in October.
To this end, I'm looking for a good supportive sport bra that will keep the ladies supported (I wear a 40G Freya).
I really want to give this class 100%, but couldn't bear the idea of my ladies hitting my knees when I'm 40! :-(
I've done a bit of research and I like the look of the Moving Comfort ones and the Shock Absorber ones, but I've not used them before, so I'm not sure...
Anyone have any experience with these brands? I'd really appreciate any advice you can give me!!
Thanks in advance,
Hazieo

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • jaxCarrie
    jaxCarrie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Go to Title Nine (www.titlenine.com) - they have 'dumbell weightings' and go with the highest....their site is also pretty good at 'consumer comments'. I've tried the '7 Wonders Bra" and LOVED IT. To be fair though, I'm a 38D, so you've got some cup sizes on me. I found it to be VERY supportive though.
  • FirewifeCarrie
    Options
    I have the Moving Comfort Fiona style bra....LOVE it! It is made for D cups and above and it does a good job holding the girls in! It's comfortable and doesn't give me the uni-boob look like typical sports bras do. I plan on getting more of them because I can't stand to put on my old sports bras anymore. Very happy and very much worth the money!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I have used both Shock Absorber and Moving Comfort. I have to say that I love moving comfort Juno bras - the adjustable straps keep them reasonably still even as my boobies are shrinking (I am probably going to have to order another one in a size smaller soon.). They have been fantastic though - and are really comfortable. They are just awkward to get used to putting on at first, but once you get it - they are fantastic.
  • hlf30
    hlf30 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm not quite up to your size (34E) but I bought the shock absorber running one http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/focus/run-sportsbra.html and I've been really happy with it. It's got really wide straps that don't dig in and it's a little tricky to get on the first time (It has a slightly complicated fastening system) but I find it completely supportive. I actually bought mine from amazon but only because they were out of my size in the department store (although Amazon do them at a really good price if you're interested).

Good luck!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I currently love the Enell bra and the Moving Comfort Juno bra. Both are fabulous for high impact. No bounce. I'm not thrilled with the material on the juno, but I will admit that I am extremely picky when it comes to such things. As far as functionality and LOOKS, it's amazing. Took it out for 8+ miles today and it was great. The Enell is also fabulous. I've been wearing Enell for the past 1 1/2 years and I have no complaints. They are both worth every penny.
  • megzee413
    megzee413 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also use the moving comfort bra (36D) and they are by far my favorite. They are a bit pricey but they work well. Runningwarehouse.com has the bras for slightly less than what you would pay online and in store and shipping is free. Hope this helps!
  • sistertransister
    sistertransister Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • healthhiro
    healthhiro Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is a great article on sports bras. "Best Performance in a Supporting Role" :)
    http://runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=12146&PageNum=2
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I read this article some time ago and thought it was helpful: http://runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=12146&PageNum=1
  • hazieo
    hazieo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your advice, I appreciate it so much!
    I think I'll try out the Juno or the Fiona, I'm really looking forward to the class now!
    Thanks again everyone, x