what bread is really the right bread?

Options
i use to eat the lite whole grain white bread then i switched to the Klosterman 12 grain and it has more fiber and protien but also has more calories... is the more grains really worth the calorie count? what bread do you use?

Replies

• imcountingcalories
    imcountingcalories Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I've been buying Costco's Kirkland whole grain bread. It is a whopping 140 calories per slice, but it is dense and filling. My Fooducate app gives it a grade of B+.
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    I would love to hear some of the replies on this also since I use 12 grain bread but hate how many calories it has.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Country Hearth light 12 grain bread. 90 calories for two slices.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I use no bread and I eat Paleo/Primal diet- allergies and grain sensitivities, but if you are going to eat bread the best out there is sprouted grain bread. It has no refined flour it is all sprouted whole grains and comes in different grain combinations.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I eat Nickles Light 35 white bread at 35 calories , 1/2 g fat, 1.5 g fiber, and 1.5 g protein per slice. It's also available in wheat, whole grain, and italian.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I also eat no bread. If I had to I would also go for the sprouted variety, like Ezekiel Bread. Dense and delicious.
  • nickyskins
    nickyskins Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Arnolds Grains & More Double Fiber Bread
  • lbb05
    lbb05 Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks ;)
  • lbb05
    lbb05 Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks for the info the one i use has 80 per slice!
  • katharos3
    katharos3 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I use Nature's own whole wheat (no HFCS) for pbj's - 50cal, 2fib per slice. And I use rye bread for my spinach sandwiches.
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I use no bread and I eat Paleo/Primal diet- allergies and grain sensitivities, but if you are going to eat bread the best out there is sprouted grain bread. It has no refined flour it is all sprouted whole grains and comes in different grain combinations.

Not that it's related to bread, but looking at your ticker, all I can say is WOOHOO! You are amazing!
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Ditto the no bread. If you simply must have bread, though, use the sprouted grains bread. If you're eating nutrient dense food, don't worry about the calories--it's the useless calories like products with added sugar or refined flour to be concerned about.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I prefer Aunt Millie lite potato bread, 35 calories a slice and it's very good...
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I buy whole wheat bread from the bakery, and they even slice it for you. No preservatives. And it tastes like grandma used to make!!