Replies

• SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Once a week. No more.
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options
    At least once a day ~ sometimes more depending on whether I think about it or not. If I weigh in the evenings tho its just to see how much weight the food I've eaten has put on ~ and I know that is what the 'extra' numbers are lol.
  • ice_phoenix
    ice_phoenix Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really cant help myself, but I weigh myself every morning. I know everyone says you should do it once a week, but I like to keep a check on myself. if I can see I haven't done so well, it encourages me to try harder the next day!
  • MomofTeens
    MomofTeens Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Weigh in same day and time once a week. This is because weight can flucuate so much during a day that the only way to gauge how much you are losing is by doing it the same way once a week.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    5x plus a day. All the time. Not great I know but... The only one that counts is the one in the morning after my shower.
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Once a week or every two weeks...I find I get discouraged if I weigh any more often than that! I fluctuate too much.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    definitely no more than once a week, and be conscious of how water consumption and retention effects that number. Doing it daily can only lead to frustration and de-motivation!
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    errrrday!!!

but i don't freak out if its up a pound or two....with my workout schedule, im normally up a couple days, and on saturday morning or friday morning is my lowest weight of the week, so that's when I weigh in on here!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Everyday, sometimes twice! :)
  • CountandBaxter
    CountandBaxter Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I really cant help myself, but I weigh myself every morning. I know everyone says you should do it once a week, but I like to keep a check on myself. if I can see I haven't done so well, it encourages me to try harder the next day!

This is me. I weigh myself every morning but I only record it on Monday mornings.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options

Me too, for the very same reasons. Denial and wishful thinking such as,"Oh, I didn't eat so badly yesterday" need to be accounted for the very next day. I'd rather shake myself out of it immediately than wait for 7 whole days to find out the verdict. And yes, I do realize that water shifts are the culprit and not eating an accidental 3500 calories. It is just how I like to weigh and that's how I'll keep doing it. It works for me.
  • FirewifeCarrie
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning before I get dressed. I tried for a week not to get on but stepping on that scale every morning helps me stay on track.
  • lisab64
    lisab64 Posts: 26
    Options
    Every morning... When I was losing, I had two days a week that were "official weigh in days" but didn't record a gain unless I knew it was deserved.
  • kimziebaby
    kimziebaby Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    When i bought my scale, i was weighing myself every single day. Now it's once a week for me, only on Friday. :)
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I peek almost every day. Some days I don't. But I only log it on one day, which is Friday. I used to do it on Wednesday for whatever reason, I think it was because that was the day I started MFP. But I changed it to Friday.
  • astermarie
    astermarie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I also weigh my self every morning but only record once a week....I'm always just so curios to how much I might have lost n how good I am doing but sometimes I weigh myself more than once a day....
  • WPoppysmith
    WPoppysmith Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    During past diets, probably every day..... This time around it will be every month, some may freak out at that but I say that if I am eating healthy and exercise I should see some weight loss once a month, plus I think if I weighed daily I would get to disillusioned.
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I look every day... sometimes more than once.... I know I've heard sound arguments against this practice, but I've found it helpful. In doing so, I've noticed trends... like I gain four pounds (of water) after eating movie popcorn, and the pounds stay on for three days... then they disappear along with the weight I would have normally lost in that time. Had I not weighed myself daily, I may have weighted myself on, say, one of the days after the popcorn. I'd be discouraged thinking I could have gained weight without dieting, and discouraged myself to the point of giving up. Now, I am much more aware of how things affect my body. Alcohol is also another factor. I've noticed that if I drink it, even within my calories, I don't do well. This is because I have a hard time the next day, craving unhealthy foods.
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning but pick one day of the week to count (for me it's Saturday). I just like to see the progress and keep myself on track. I also don't "weigh in" on MFP unless I've lost 1 lb or more, even if it takes me more than one week.
  • blnorman29
    blnorman29 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I weight once a week on Sunday morning. I was doing Saturday, but I've found that moving it to Sunday helps me stay on track for the weekend. I like that big "surprise" at the end of the week, so I don't usually like to peek. It's more fun for me to wait. I take my kicks where I can get them. :laugh: