unofficial 5k

Options
farmgirlsuz
farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
Just had to toot my own horn....I officially ran an unofficial 5k this morning! Doing C25K on week 8, but I felt so good I decided to keep going until I made it to the 5k mark. I am still wearing the smile on my face....5k in 35 minutes! (Just curious....is that a good time for a beginner?)

Replies

• HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    Toot away, Great job!!! And yes, I think that is a good time.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    nice job! and the time is good--my record time in an actual race is 34:04, and I started running in February--my times used to be much higher. You're doing great ;)
  • shoemakerdr
    shoemakerdr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!!! My first 5K time was like 44 minutes! Your time is excellent for a beginner!
  • versuga
    versuga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Great time!!
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!!!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. 35 minutes was very good.

My first 5km last week was **cough** 46 minutes. :embarassed:
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    That's a great time, especially for someone just starting out! Keep it up!
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Good for you!
  • dvonic
    dvonic Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great job. I'm still on 3k for 20min, so your time is pretty impressive :D
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    That's an excellent time! I"ve been running for a while now and I'm not at that time yet. I like to blame it on the fact that I'm short..hehe. I have to continue to improve my speed. Nice job!
  • tradrick
    Options
    Awesome job. A 5k is my current goal. Have not done one yet for time. I've just been building myself up to it. By starting out walking 3-5 miles. And today I started jogging. Your an inspiration. Thank you for sharing.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Well done! That's brilliant.
  • Katieladie40
    Options
    I've done two 5k 's this summer. My first I walked and it took 65minutes and my second one was yesterday which i ran/walked and it took 50 minutes! i can't wait til i can RUUUUUNNN the full 5k! CONGRATS! KEEP IT UP!!!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    well done x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!