Looking for friends for support, chat and accountability

Options
Hey y’all 34 yr old female just weighed in today 365.8 lbs I’m 5’4. Heaviest I’ve ever been. Struggled with weight since 4th grade. In 2012-2013 lost 120 lbs but due to health issues and emotional eating went from 219lbs to gaining it all back plus more. Last year was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes however the meds make me sick so I’m trying to control with diet. Looking for friends to help support me motivate me listen to me vent and laugh and post my
Food and not *kitten* haha. I would love to form friendships within don’t care your age, sex, location any and all are welcome 😀 HELP MEE and I’ll help you!

Replies

• dlokamin
    dlokamin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey Kelly, I'm in the same boat a few years ago I lost a ton of weight and then gained it all back plus. I would love to connect as friends, I need someone I can relate to.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

I am a diabetic and got off insulin with diet. You can do this!
  • louisebrandrick
    louisebrandrick Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi im lou im 47 and i weigh in at 200lbs im only 5f 1 .Im so disgusted with myself at the moment just can't seem to shift the weight .Ive gone back to gym starting tonight .
    Lets help each other out 😀
  • JennyOfAllTrades72
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I'm also 47 and weigh 200 lbs. I'm 5'4" and could really use a small-ish group of similarly focused women to help motivate and hold me accountable, while I (of course) try to do the same for you guys. I was always fit and healthy... until my 40s. Now I'm technically obese, have high blood pressure, a sliding hiatal hernia. I hate feeling like this, and I need to change things soon before this is my forever reality.

So... what am I doing now?
    1) Started tracking my meals on MFP daily (4 day streak...)
    2) Replaced my broken FitBit with a new Apple Watch (super awesome!)
    3) Tracking my HBP daily (usually)

What am I hoping to START doing soon?
    1) Improve nutrition (more focused on this than calories for now - I don't eat very healthy
    2) Get my butt to the gym 2x each week
    3) Take more walks after work (instead of having cocktails!!)

Talk to you all soon!
    Jenny
  • effervescent11
    effervescent11 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kelly! Feel free to add me. We're about the same age and height. I've been struggling with weight my whole life, so I understand the struggle!
  • jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hello! I am 40 and weigh 206, I started at 240 and lost down to 176 but over the last 4 mths (yes 4 ) I have gained 30 lbs... whew. I started tracking again today, cleaned up my friends list and deleted almost everyone due to in-activity and will start working out again (slowly due to Achilles tendinitis) tonight when I get off work. I have done my meal plan for the week so I am set. one day at a time! I need new, ACTIVE, motivating friends! please add me :) oh I am an Apple watch user also and will be happy to share my activity :)
  • fatcatmainan
    fatcatmainan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 68yo diabetic weight 271lbs ans 5'4 need friends for modivation
  • HazelMayes
    HazelMayes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    The only time I can lose weight is while pregnant (and a couple months postpartum) and while on Metformin. I have four kids so after each of them I lost a bunch of weight and then when hormones shift I gained it all back and more 😒

About twelve years ago I was on Metformin for high insulin levels and I lost weight and felt better. My doc moved away, next doc took me off and I gained it all back

Back in June I got really sick—got strep twice, pneumonia, bronchitis, was on multiple antibiotics, steroids, breathing treatments, cough medicines. My blood pressure and blood sugar went completely haywire—it was fine and a week later both so high it was borderline for being hospitalized

So now I have a T2D and hypertension diagnosis and am on meds for both

The good news is I am on Metformin again so I’m finally losing weight 😬. I’d like to get off the blood pressure meds and the diabetes meds except for Metformin. I want to keep that one lol

SW: 6/26/19: 326.4
    CW: 300.4
  • Cranesfan
    Cranesfan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Friend me for support and motivation.

On a low carb, reduced calorie plan. Pseudo keto and losing inches and dropping weight every week. 6’1” and 274 currently. Goal to get to 225 and update a new goal when I get there. Food idea sharing, supplements and excercise shares.
  • sidcorsini
    sidcorsini Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am just so proud of you for your openness, and desire to live a better life. It is not easy, you know that. But I applaud you. well done!
  • S_Hinzman
    S_Hinzman Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be a part of a small group that helps hold each other accountable and are there for support. I'm 5'4" and have hit 180... my all time high. I feel absolutely horrible in my skin and, like JennyofAllTrade72, need to do something before this is my norm. My Dad died of a heart attack less than a year ago and I certainly don't want to join him. 😢

I've started committing to working out 3 to 4 times a week. I want to hit a couple of consistent weeks and then start logging my food. Any suggestions are welcome and very appreciated!
  • ldaratha
    ldaratha Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I’m 49 and 5’5” and had accepted my plumpness - was hovering at 185 for a while as my all time high. But then I gained ten pounds and now I feel it’s just too much. I’m not sure what my goal is - for now it’s 175. I’m afraid to want to lose too much because I find it’s hard to maintain. I just started - today is my day 3. Finding it somewhat difficult to stick to my calorie limit, realizing how many calories are in everything (I have lost weight before, but it’s been a while).