very discouraged

Options
I went to an amusement park yesterday, and wasn't able to fit on one of the coasters. I was somewhat ok with that only because I had expected it to happen. What I didnt expect was for someone I passed when i was exiting the ride to make a nasty comment about my weight. I'm just ready to give up.

Replies

• babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    That seems like the sort of thing you should be converting into motivation, to me.
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Don't give up make your goal. Go back next year and show them... Thats what i would do... You've come so far already feel free to add me as a friend :-) We can do this together. I was were you are and I got a long way left to go.

"Things may get hard, but I'll be dammed if I'm going to let myself give up."
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up. I know how rough it can be and what it's like to be at the mercy of those who aren't compassionate. We cannot control the behaviors or others but we can control how we allow those behaviors to make us feel. You're stronger than you realize. Just commenting on that occurrence shows your strength. Keep to your course, keep a strong support system close to you, and keep pushing through. You can and will meet your fitness goals, my darlin'!
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Don't give up...you've made great progress....there are people who will always be that way..they just don't feel good about themselves in some way...you know you are making a change and that is what counts..stick to it:bigsmile:
  • aneisiena
    Options
    Let no one's judgments bring you down. YOU know what you are doing to become the best version of yourself. Stay on MFP--it provides amazing support during the ups and downs of turning a diet into a lifestyle!

Best of luck :-)
  • robjuliew
    Options
    don't give up, with dedication and hard work before you know it you will be riding all the roller coasters!! Just move forward and don't look back!
  • sahalcomb
    sahalcomb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    DO NOT GIVE UP!!! People in this world are rude and disrespectful! This person is the one with a problem.... Don't let them get in your head. You, on the other hand, are awesome! You decided to makes changes...good changes... now stick with it! Head up!!!!! Can't wait to see your success story..... ;)))
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    That person was a freaking *kitten*! Just stay with it and you will lose that weight plus more!!
  • dniapas
    dniapas Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Don't let rude people get to you. The comment they made about you is really a comment on their own character.

Instead of feeling discouraged, feel sorry for the person who doesn't have enough class to keep their nasty comments to themselves. Most importantly, don't let someone else's poor behavior cause you to give up on your goals. You'll probably never see them again.
  • BProudOfU
    BProudOfU Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    DO NOT GIVE UP! I understnad that is is discouraging, it was also very rude of someone to do that. You cannot let that person get the upper hand...take that feeling of discouragement and turn it into something strong! Determination, motivation, etc., what ever it takes. Just keep doing the things you know are right and let people talk crap if that makes them feel better.

Hang in there and keep moving!
  • ceeshelman
    Options
    I went to an amusement park yesterday, and wasn't able to fit on one of the coasters. I was somewhat ok with that only because I had expected it to happen. What I didnt expect was for someone I passed when i was exiting the ride to make a nasty comment about my weight. I'm just ready to give up.

That comment was ignorance in action. Think what a deficit of spirit that person has and feel sorry for her/him. You can lose weight but that person cannot gain integrity nearly as easily.

Come on, you know you are at an unhealthy weight for yourself, so it is really important that you commit to yourself. Get yourself into the health zone. It doesn't matter what others think: it only matters that you live a full, active and healthy life. Friend me if you want to have someone in your court who is not a pushover, but is a truly caring support for you reaching your goals. Ce
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Come on, Shell, stay the course. There will always be idiots out there ... you can't control what they say. They're not worth your time or energy, and they don't deserve even a thought from you. Put yesterday behind you and let's move on. Or like babydull suggested, turn your frustration into motivation.

Seriously: I really, truly encourage you to not let something someone else says derail you. Look at what you've done already: 14 lbs in what -- 2 months or so? That's INSANELY GREAT.

You can do this. Stay the course. I mean it. :)
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Most of the time people can be so cruel.. When people expect me to fail is when I want to show them the most that I can and I will do this. Dont give up...That is what some people want us to do. I had someone ask me "Are you still doing THAT" Like they thought I would have already giving up and I just get more determined to show them that I am not a quitter. Call it pigheaded or whatever, but I want to be healthier and happier than ever before. And one of the things that will make me happy is so see their faces as I change my lifestyle.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    That person was a complete jerk and they thought you were an easy target. Do not give up!

To paraphrase an old line- You may be fat but they're an idiot. You can always lose weight. Nothing will help them.
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    It'll be ok...just don't give up....I've had this experiance with rides before, but not with rude comments. Don't get me wrong, people have made fun of me before and I know it hurts and tends to stay with a person. Just try to turn that feeling you have into motivation to be able to fit into a ride next year. I know it's hard! I've struggled with emotional eating....mild binging....I know what it's like to feel as tho food is calling to you. Don't give up, exercise becomes a habit....the taste for sweets fade, you can do this!
  • vwinter
    vwinter Posts: 3
    Options
    Mom's always say, "if you haven't anything nice to say, don't flipping say anything at all,"...this person's Mom forgot to give this lesson to him/her. 14 pounds is awesome!...I've been on here for about 2 weeks, and this is definately a great site!! Hang in there!! you are doing fantastic!
  • Taralmh
    Taralmh Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    People are so rude...but that should not be the reason you quit. That should be all the more reason you work harder to meet your goal!!!
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Don't let someone else tell you the value of your success. He doesn't know your story or who you are. He will always be a jerk face. That should make you want to be successfull even more.
  • mcleo47
    mcleo47 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hang in there. You are working on the issues. Some cruel people don't understand the struggles we face. The only one we can change is us and you are on your way, Don't fall for weight goal, but strive for health. Peace to you.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    That seems like the sort of thing you should be converting into motivation, to me.
    ^defintely this! Ignore the jerks but take the coaster as motivation.