My first woosh

Options
I'm pretty sure I just experienced my first woosh. I weighed myself in the morning like I usually do and I was 10st 5lbs. Later in the evening around 7pm I went to the toilet and sometimes I like to weigh myself before and after for my own amusement to see how much my bladder holds lol
Well I had the shock of my life when I stepped on the scale and I thought I was seeing things. I had to call my husband in to step on the scale because I thought they had broken or something. I weighed 9st 8lbs! I couldn't believe it, and I didn't until I stepped on the scale the next morning and it was still 9st 8lbs. My very first woosh and it is tge weirdest thing. I reached my initial goal weight I set at the the beginning of my journey 3 years ago. Now I have to set a smaller weight loss goal as I still have excess fat around the stomach. I am still in shock!!!

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,478 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations on your first whoosh!
  • Goingagain
    Goingagain Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I want one!!!
  • ClaireGleek
    ClaireGleek Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Grrr. 7pm? What is this? Most of my whooshing happens by being forced out of bed 3 times a night.

Good for you. 11 pound whoosh in a day is substantial. You might want to think about electrolytes today.

So that's why I've been waking up to use the bathroom 2-3 times a night recently. Hard to be annoyed by it now that I know it's helping my weight loss.
    Though I'd only recently bought some new leggings in a smaller size and now they are a bit loose 😑
  • ClaireGleek
    Options
    lgfrie wrote: »
    I live for the whooshes. There are few things as satisfying in life. Mine are usually around 3 pounds. I wouldn't even know what to do with an 11 pound whoosh - better check to see if you still have all your limbs, maybe one fell off LOL

Haha I have no idea where it's come from, though I think my butt is a little smaller but that doesn't account for all of it. The human body is weird.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    It does seem very extreme but if it is real, well done.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I agree that this sounds like an extreme woosh… but nevertheless - CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • ClaireGleek
    Options
    That doesn't sound right to me. For someone probably already at a normal weight, 11lbs or 5kg in one day? Are you sure the scale was correct both times, not moved or low batteries?

I am 5 foot 1 so at 10 st 5lbs i was very much in the overweight catergory and now at 9st 8lbs my bmi is 25.3 so I am still overweight but only by 2 pounds. I checked that my scales were level and in different parts of the house and it was the same reading and several days later its still the lower weight. They are brand new so not the batteries. I'll have to wait and see if the weight loss sticks.
  • ClaireGleek
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    I agree that this sounds like an extreme woosh… but nevertheless - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thank you. Definitely in the extreme lol