What is good to eat before a work out

What is good to eat before a tough work out. I never have enough fuel to get through a tough hour long circuit work out I do.

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Anything that won't upset your stomach.

Carbs fuel tough workouts.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Anything you like, that fits within your calorie goals that won't/doesn't upset your stomach.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,733 Member
    A banana or a bagel.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    I usually have a protein bar. Carbs are good but I hate working out feeling food in my tummy
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    I eat about 2-3 hours before my workout. Usually a sandwich and fruit. If you eat complex carbs throughout your day, you should have enough glycogen to power you through.
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    I don't eat before workouts earlier than 9am.
    For later ones I eat about two hours before - usually some protein and some carbs. That's what fuels me best.
    I couldn't eat closer to working out because I'd feel sick. Plus I'm famished after a workout so I've got to save the calories!
    There's a woman at my gym who eats a banana before we start class. Like, literally pops the last piece into her mouth as we start the warm up and even the thought of that is horrifying to me :D
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,994 Member
    I usually have a protein bar. Carbs are good but I hate working out feeling food in my tummy

I'm the opposite. A protein bar would lay in my stomach like a rock. A banana or 2 for me if anything. Most of the time it's nothing...