Making A Come Back!

Options
Hello Everyone!

I'm Shop! I've been back and forth with working out for years. I can't even count how many times I've stopped and started again. I started up a year and a half ago all to get off for summer break (I'm a teacher) and get lazy enjoying my days off. I'd lost a total of 14 inches in roughly 2 months with some pretty consistant workouts. I was up at 4am and done working out by 5am. I was showered and off to work by 6:15am daily. It worked considering I'm an early bird.

I've started up again this past Monday. I'm up and in the gym by 6am and done by 7:30am. Home to do work as I work from home now. I'm eating healthy as I always have and I'm meal planning and prepping every week. My schedule isn't really full, but I'm working toward getting it full again. I like busy days. Keeps me on my feet and moving.

I'm looking forward to making some more MFP friends as I'm still only friends with one person I met here almost 10 years ago...but we live in the same city so it's easy. I wish you all the best!

Replies

• JDytmire
    JDytmire Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey Shop, Jenn here. I started MyFitnessPal in 2013 b/c I wanted to start eating healthier. It really helped me a lot. Unfortunately though, I met someone who got me into drugs. When I became sober, I got into lifting weights, which really boosted my energy! That wound up going downhill though due to inconsistent workouts thanks to work schedule. I have recently using this to help myself get back in shape and eating healthy again. I have been following the Mediterranean plan for about a month, and added Intermittent Fasting (16:8) about 2 weeks ago. I feel great! My energy levels are pretty steady throughout the day (no more crashes), and I don't crave unhealthy foods like I used to.

I still haven't been back to the gym; however, I do have a Kettlebell I love to use with the Fitify app, and haven't missed a workout yet! Now all I need is a bike :-)
  • kimondo666
    kimondo666 Posts: 194 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    sounds like me, my nemesis was always holidays/ easter and christmas. Where there my family make lot of tasty food. Then i stopped near this time "coincidentally"
  • KelleyGirl74
    KelleyGirl74 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hey Jenn, Hey Kim, thanks for the replies. Nice to meet you both. Kim I understand with the family cooking! That gets me every time. However, I don't leave near much family anymore so I'm my own issue. I love to cook and I love to eat. So I've just started cooking healthier and eating heathier lol. No guilt trips.

Jenn, I'm glad you are sober living now!!! Very good for you. Stay on the right track. You need a kick in the butt, let me know...I'll go hard and make you cry if you want me too lol I've always wanted to play with kettle bells but never had the money to buy them. So I waste the money at the gym. I enjoy my gym. It's quiet and I get to focus on me and not some douche throwing weights around.

Anyway, have a wonderful day you 2. Chat later.
  • todds404
    todds404 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have some awesome discipline to hit the gym that early. I can't seem to get out of bed any earlier and have to go when I get home from work.