I am new to this ;-)

Options
Hi everyone! I am new to this and trying to have a positive attitude. I am looking for some supportive friends. I have 100 pounds to lose. Seems so overwhelming. So any advice, encouragement, help, etc. will be greatly appreciated. ;-) Thanks!

Replies

• Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi Heather!

Welcome! Congrats on taking the first step in your journey! This is definitely the place to come for support. I have found that reading the message boards and getting encouragement from friends has helped me keep a positive attitude. Feel free to add me as a friend!

Sherie
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Heyy, my name is Heather too! :) Feel free to add me! I have a support group forum as well if you're interested. Welcome to MFP and good luck!
  • dcbella
    dcbella Posts: 45
    Options
    Welcome Aboard....good luck in your journey....feel free to add me for the motivation.:smile:
  • lupititita
    Options
    I'm also new at this. Maybe we can be new together :)
    I started walking 2 min then jogging for 1 minute. That was a challenge! I'm getting better. If I can do you can do it to. Are you planning on working out mornings or evenings? What are your goals? Pictures are a great motivator also.
  • kathypasco
    kathypasco Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to this also and am looking for friends to give advice and support. We can do this we just need to try and stay positive.
  • mizzthang
    mizzthang Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone... I thought I would say hello to everyone out there who are just like me trying to change our lives for the better... I have never posted on here before but just wanted to encourage you all to keep going... I was at the gym today and a poster had one word on it "PERSEVERANCE" yes that is the key..:happy :

I have managed to loose 48 pounds so far since March 21st... I have a long journey but that long road is getting shorter... Thank God.. :0)
  • marbear1397
    Options
    Hey everyone! Im new too. I've been over eating for a couple months because of stress and I would really like to lose about ten or fifteen pounds healthfully and then learn how to keep track of my weight. I could use some motivation and help you too!
  • GMG155
    GMG155 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Heather,
    Im new here as well. Remember You are a Beautiful Fabulous woman first, and you are on a path to Greatness to be even more Fabubous. I believe in Baby Steps... and when we fall, it's ok, we have the luxury of getting back up and doing it again. :smile: :smile:
    think positive thoughts & have faith!!! add me if you like.
  • deemo2003
    Options
    I am new to MFP and hope to get general support and ideas for a healthier lifestyle plus recipes especially for low carb breakfasts with little or no eggs, LOL.