Newb here. Just trying to make it to two weeks

Options
Hi guys. I read that if we track on this app for two weeks, then we have a lot better chance of reaching our goals. Wondering if anyone is finding that to be the case so far?

Replies

• a_aubriee3619
    a_aubriee3619 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello. Today is day 15 for me and I’ve lost my 10 pounds! I think as long as you’re determined and honest with yourself this is a great app. It really keeps you accountable.
    Another thing I like (and just learned about) is this way of talking to other users and getting support from others also.
    I wish you well on your journey 🙂
  • kimondo666
    kimondo666 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    lost 30lbs so its working. Just need to log food accurately.
  • julieat1960
    julieat1960 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Been here a while but never really put much effort into keeping at it due to lots of issues in life but due to ill health and a wake up call I decided enough is enough and being honest with myself is the only way it will work. I have logged every day and this is my 101st day. I count everything no matter how many times people say one won't hurt. Scan labels and weigh but once at target you can still log as it makes you aware if you fall into bad habits. I am still a way off my healthy weight but I am losing steadily at a rate recommended by health experts,I'm moving more and have currently lost 38lbs. Good luck to you on your journey.
  • LynnBBQ72
    LynnBBQ72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 7 of my third trip around the block. The first time, 4 years ago (?) I lost around 50 lbs. I have gained it all back but I can tell you the first two weeks are the hardest. Just stick with it and go slowly! I nearly starved myself the first time around ... my hair fell out and I was tired all the time. I gave up. The second time I only logged for around 10 days and gave up. Now I have health problems and again am very motivated to stick with it.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Within two weeks of starting mfp, my cravings for sweets were gone. They just disappeared naturally. I had overcome the learning curve for filling out the food diary.

Now, two months in, I don't think about what I should be eating. I automatically go for the produce aisle and fish counter at the grocery store.

I'm happy with how things are going.