Have question about extra flabby skin

Options
I have a lot of extra flabby skin on my stomach from having 4 kids. This extra skin and being overweight is putting a big strain on my back. What exercises can I do to get the skin to shrink back???? \

And my only means of working out is at home.

Replies

• candicole007
    candicole007 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    All exercise should help tone up that skin all over, just try things that move your whole body - like dancing, aerobics, etc. Also keep it hydrated - Jergen's firming lotion is my favorite :)
  • CindyWarner
    Options
    Water aerobics! It supports your body and the water is the resistance. You don't even have to worry about sweating. lol.
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure it's a diet or exercise issue...i think that's why lots of women are opting to get tummy tucks when theyre done having kids...I had a lot of people tell me it takes about a year for your body to go back to normal but mine still hasn't. I'd be curious to see if anyone has other answers!
  • TurtleCrush
    Options
    Abdominal exercises really help firm up those tummy areas and helps to strengthen your back too.
  • bgoss4
    bgoss4 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi! I have twins that are 10yrs old. I have to say that pilates really helps me. My stomach still isn't prebaby but I have had a few surgeries from carrying them so I'd say it doesn't look to bad. You should give pilates a try. It works muscles all around the core not just the front and you can feel it deep down which is where you need it most. Hope this helps.
  • SpeedBump1
    SpeedBump1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine worked with a personal trainer and had no results. She ended up having lipo. She has 3 kids, two are twins.
  • bgoss4
    bgoss4 Posts: 12
    Options
    Yeah, I think what we have to remember is everybody is different. My sister's body is completely different then mine. she got stretch marks really bad with her first baby and even though I have them they are not awful and I carried 2. And I'm not saying that I wouldn't love to have my prebaby body back. I do have a little bit of skin that I wish would tighten but I do think it could be worse. It really wasn't that bad until I had 6 surgies. But I really can tell a difference doing pilates.
    I hope you find the answers you need. :smile: