Hello, I'm new!

Options
My name is Heather, I'm 27, and I'm a nurse. My husband is deployed to Afghanistan, and I'm trying to lose 40 lbs while he's gone!

It's a struggle to do this the healthy way this time. I struggled with eating disorders between the ages of 13 and 24, and have absolutely no experience with healthy weight loss. I have always had an unhealthy relationship with food. I think I got to the point where I was so afraid of falling back into anorexia that I refused to allow myself to say no to a food craving... I couldn't tell the difference between calorie restricting and simply making healthy choices. Never saying no to myself has become a pattern now, and I'm 40lbs overweight because of it! I need to break the cycle.

Help!

Replies

• ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! My nephew is currently deployed to Afghanistan and my son came back a year ago from Iraq. Please feel free to add me
  • BMiller5
    BMiller5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck on your journey! Im sure you will have no problems accomplishing your goals!
  • luvnlife6
    luvnlife6 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! I hope you enjoy the site as much as I am. Good luck on your journey.
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Welcome aboard! You'll love it around here.
  • AKAMrsR
    AKAMrsR Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey Heather! I had a similar goal for when my husband was on a 6 month tour in Liberia, but I didn't have MFP then to help me out! Good luck on your goal, I know you can do it!
  • karoumee
    karoumee Posts: 100
    Options
    welcome! :)
    u'll fing all the support u nid here!!!!!!!
  • lunchlady63
    lunchlady63 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    new again to this site. I have lost weight in the past, but having trouble now. I can't seem to stick with changing my eating habits. Hope this helps.: :laugh: This guy is probably laughing at me starting again!!
  • ohi1073mysoldier
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kelsey. My husband's in Iraq and I've lost some chub so I can be your friend if you want! (:
  • jaci34
    jaci34 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! This site has been so helpful with my weight loss! I hope it works for you also! Good luck!