Losing 25 lbs. while I'm 25!

Options
So right before my 25th birthday back in March I came up with this plan to lose 25 lbs. while I'm 25. . . here we are almost to September and I haven't put that plan in motion. Well, I've finally gotten to the "enough is enough" stage and I am commiting to lose this weight and prove to myself that I CAN follow through with something I start. My goal is going to be to have lost 25 lbs. by the end of March of 2012 and then a total of 30 by mid-May. I really need all the support I can get (I can see this IS the place to get it!) and quit making myself look like a flake to my friends and family when I start.stop.start.stop with the calorie counting, eating, working out, and trying to lose weight over all. I really, really, really want to be a success story. . . and I really want to feel better about myself, look better, oh the list goes on.

So, I've calculated that I'll need to lose just under 4 lbs. per month to make it to my goal. . . baby steps, right?

Any advice/encouragement/guidance is totally welcome!

Replies

• fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I started at the beginning of April and I've lost 24lbs so theoretically you could lose the weight by January 2012.. Just stick to mfp, it really works. Try and enjoy it. :happy:
  • iambelle
    Options
    I started at the beginning of April and I've lost 24lbs so theoretically you could lose the weight by January 2012.. Just stick to mfp, it really works. Try and enjoy it. :happy:

What have you been doing, if you don't mind me asking?
  • PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I've lost 22lbs since I started at the middle of April/beginning of May. :)
    I have a problem with my hip so have been unable to exercise so have lost the weight all from healthy eating! I have about 20 more pounds to lose before I get to my goal weight. Add me as a friend if you like and we can encourage each other along the way. :)