HRM-which do you suggest?

Options
I am thinking of asking for one for my Birthday.

I dont know much about them but I want to get more accurate reading on my calories burned.

Replies

• Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I have a polar ft4. It was around $60 on amazon and it's easy to use.
  • jernigan51
    Options
    I also have the Polar FT4 from Amazon and love it!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Lots of people like the Polar FT4. I have a Polar FT7 and love it -- it's right around $100.

If you're interested in a GPS for tracking miles (biking, running, etc.) Garmin makes some nice ones buy they are a little pricey.

Make sure that you get one with a chest strap -- they are much more accurate than just the wristwatch styles.
  • kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 also.. freakin love it!! =)
  • PinkZeppelin
    Options
    I have an Polar FT7 and I love it. I got it for about $70 on eBay and I know Amazon has it cheap, too.

It's more than worth the price as well, being able see my heart rate during a work out allows me to know whether or not I should go faster or calm down (it beeps when you go above your upper limit). The Polar FT7 also has a neat feature that displays if you're in the heart rate zone that burns fat or increases endurance.

The chest strap takes a little getting used to. I sometimes have to loosen or tighten it depending on my work out, but it's worth it for a more accurate reading.

TL:DR if no one buys you a HRM, get one. Especially a Polar FT7.
  • Katieladie40
    Options
    I also got the Polar FT4(i think 4), and it's amazing ive had it since July 23rd. and it's great.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 or FT7 should work out just fine for you. Both are easy to use/set up and the only real difference is price and a few other features.