what do you do to keep your mind off of food??

Options
so i am just curious--we all have those little things we do to stop us from thinking about eating during different parts of the day. what works for you? :)

Replies

• lukesmama
    lukesmama Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk or run. Drink a lot of water.
  • WordToYourMamma
    Options
    I think about food non-stop, I just don't eat it. Sometimes I count down the minutes until I can eat lunch. It's pretty awful.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Going out, walking around, seeing friends, coming online, reading, singing.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Do something with my hands, anything!!
  • CharlieOverby
    CharlieOverby Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    so i am just curious--we all have those little things we do to stop us from thinking about eating during different parts of the day. what works for you? :)
    Great question. I am constantly thinking about what I can eat or drink next. :drinker:
  • Autumn15
    Autumn15 Posts: 213
    Options
    I try to find things that keep my mind busy so I don't have time to think about food...cleaning, reading, playing around researching stuff online, go out walking around, doing photography, anything to keep busy.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I normally paint my nails and have a glass of water x
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I drink water, it makes you pretty full so you don't have to eat. plus its good for u and flushes everything out.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I find that if I get on line with mfp to enter my food right after I eat it, it really helps me avoid going back for seconds. I can't just enter my food, I have to look at the forums, message boards, etc!! By the time I'm done, i've been distracted for long enough that I normally feel like i don't need to eat. Distraction, that seems to be the key for me anyway.
  • mkallie
    mkallie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yeah agree with the above -- water really takes the edge off most of the time, and being regularly active for some reason makes me less hungry overall. Also, if I'm hungry but it's not really "time" to eat (or I have another event planned), I'll have a tbsp of peanut butter or some kind of MUFA and give it 20 min or so and I'm usually good for another few hours.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I don't think about food all the time. Sure, I wonder what I'll eat for lunch or dinner when I get hungry, but I don't sit around and just think about it.

Is that weird?
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I find that if I get on line with mfp to enter my food right after I eat it, it really helps me avoid going back for seconds. I can't just enter my food, I have to look at the forums, message boards, etc!! By the time I'm done, i've been distracted for long enough that I normally feel like i don't need to eat. Distraction, that seems to be the key for me anyway.

Love It!!! That's what I do 90% of the time. If all of the above does not work I go for a walk or work in the garden. When it's cold out I work on my art.
  • mitchypoo777
    Options
    I knit, it keeps my hands busy and let's me stop obsessing about food. I also give myself a test. I ask myself if I'm really hungry? Am I hungry enough to eat just an apple? If not (because I want high fat, high carb, high cal foods) then I'm not really hungry.
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options

^^^^ I think this is what's helping me to stay pretty much on track! ^^^ I had a few slip ups yesterday but I logged them and worked out today, and I think without mfp I would've let myself slip again today. It's hard when hubby brings home treats on the weekends...