Polar FS1----good enough?

Options
i just picked up the polar fs1 at target on clearance for $30, it has both the watch and chest strap. i can't justify spending the price for the higher up models, so will this one be good enough? i think i want one more out of curiosity and to have a closer idea of what i'm burning. i'm not currently trying to lose weight, but maintain and tone.
thanks for any input, i haven't opened it yet but if it's worth the $30 [was 60] then i'd like to try it tomorrow for my ripped in 30 video :D.
Thanks!

Replies

• Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I'm sure others will answer this w/ their own personal reviews, but Amazon lists it and there's several 5 STAR reviews from the consumers who've purchased them from there...if that's any help?

http://www.bing.com/shopping/fs1-heart-rate-monitor/reviews/2B1FA399BC6139F5FBAF?q=Polar+FS1+Reviews&lpq=Polar FS1 Reviews&FORM=HURE
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar Ft4 and I love it! I'm thinking that if you only want to know how many calories u are burning during a cardio workout, it should be ok.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    The Polar FS1 dosen't count calories.. all it's going to do is show you your heart rate. To count calories, you need either the FT4 or the FT7..and I hate to say it, but stop being cheap! You want one that has a calorie counter, then your going to need to shell out the cash for one.. honestly, the Polar FT4 is on amazon for only 30 more dollars then what you paid.. I think it's retailing at 63 with free shipping.
  • reagansmom05
    Options
    WOW! thanks so much!! i see now that it doesn't have cal count, just heart rate! guess i'll be returning it :) my husband saw it on the counter and semi-flipped out about me even spending $30 on it lol.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    WOW! thanks so much!! i see now that it doesn't have cal count, just heart rate! guess i'll be returning it :) my husband saw it on the counter and semi-flipped out about me even spending $30 on it lol.

Lol, I'd tell hubby to stuff it. If your honestly more into maintaining, I wouldn't worry about the calorie burn as much.

Plus if you invest in a quality one now and take good care of it, they will last for ages.

I've had my FT7 since march with no problems what so ever.