Low carb, high protein snacks/ meals suggestions

Options
Hi all, I'm weighing in at 155lbs and looking to lose about 12lbs. So going to try low carb, high protein. Would be grateful for any meal/ snack suggestions. Also goes do I figure out what my macros should be?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    People define "low carb" differently. Technically anything under MFP's default of 50% carbs could be considered low carb, although I think of something just slightly under as reduced carb.

Macros are not directly relevant to weight loss - only a calorie deficit is. People find different macros combos filling. Someone doing keto would eat 5% carbs and vegans upwards of 60% carbs and both can lose weight.

Personally, I like 40% carbs, 35% fat, and 25% protein.

A "My 600 Pound Life" diet would have less carbs and fat, and more protein. Sample meals here: https://www.eatmovehack.com/dr-nowzaradan-diet-plan-complete-guide/

Note: this would be lower calorie and more restrictive than someone who is not in imminent danger of death from obesity needs - I am posting it as an example of low carb / high protein meals - you'd want more total calories and there is no reason why you couldn't have more fat and carbs.

Also, with only 12 pounds to lose, set your weekly weight loss goal to a half pound per week.

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg
  • michellewale1977
    michellewale1977 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Eggs are great. If you like them then hard boil a couple to snack on. I hate hard boiled personally so instead I like mixing two with a couple of handfuls of chopped fresh spinach and a touch of salt and pepper and then microwaving for a couple of minutes.