Just when I'm making progress ...

Options
Greetings,
Just when I'm making progress in loosing the weight there is breakfast at the office. What do they consider breakfast? Bagles and donuts. I had one bagle and two donuts. I think whenever I come to this office (only on Mondays), I'm going to my upstairs work room, being my own food, and never enter the employee area. My name is Tom and I'm a food addict.
Talk soon

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Life happens. It's all about how you respond to it and the choices you make. If you have an off meal, do your best to adjust your meals for the rest of your day.
  • Harebelle
    Harebelle Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great that you've already planned a strategy to avoid this situation next time. I'd add it might be helpful to take in your own delicious treat to enjoy, eg a creamy yoghurt and juicy berries.
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,321 Member
    Options
    Every. Single. Time. :smiley:
    I've noticed this phenomenon as well. Although I'm pretty sure this stuff is regularly happening around us, but we suddenly notice it because we've made a conscious decision to avoid or limit something.

You have a good plan for dealing with this. And if it helps, ignoring the temptations does get easier the longer you do this!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    It's not an addiction, it's a habit. Habits are learned and changed all the time. It takes time and patience, but you can do it.

Also, remember this feeling the next time you are presented with a table full of food. Food is to be enjoyed. You don't want to feel badly afterwards. Choose what you want to have. Adjust the rest of your calorie intake for the day accordingly.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    lgfrie wrote: »
    Not a bad strategy, but We Who Tend To Eat A Bagel And Then Have Two Donuts need a plan B too. Plan B is to learn to just eat the bagel and not the two donuts. Point being, there has to be something in between all or nothing -- hiding in a sanctuary from temptation, or at the other extreme giving in totally to it. Giving in a little bit to temptation, but not fully, is the in between and can save a diet.

I am the one bagel or one donut person. Not everybody is, some gotta go all or nothing, but I'd die on both "all" and "nothing" lol.