Restarting my Weight Loss Journey

Options
I've decided to restart my Weight Loss Journey as I've been dealing with alot of stressful things lately and I turned to stress eating and now I'm needing to get that weight back off again. I'm looking to lose around 40-50 pounds and hopefully keep it off this time around. Please feel free to add me as a friend and I'll do the same in return.

Replies

• cmcgill1984
    cmcgill1984 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am restarting YET again too. UGH....But, I know I can so here I am..
  • Boondockpatrol
    Boondockpatrol Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 1 for me too! Good Luck!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
    NOTHING wrong with restarting!
    Back in January 2018, I restarted my weight loss journey after a long, long break, and now my project is maintenance!
    You can do this! It just takes time, persistence and patience!
  • oldak9
    oldak9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, starting based on the advice from my doctor. I asked about the Keto craze, Atkins, etc., he said "EAT FEWER CALORIES AND KEEP TRACK OF WHAT YOU ARE EATING" My first goal is 50lbs, the app recommended a 1500 calorie/day allowance...would love great ideas for low cal high volume.
  • marezac6815
    marezac6815 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Back here again myself, in May 2019, here to loose about 50 lbs, so far i've lost about 20... MFP works wonders if you are sincere with logging and exercise... good Luck to you all... You can add me as a friend and we can do this together...
  • CaliNikki
    CaliNikki Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Restarting as well! Good Luck everyone! We can do this!
  • ksharrell48
    ksharrell48 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same...was doing really well until a month ago when I began stress/comfort eating like a boss;) Gained over 15lbs and only a fraction of that was water weight. I'm back to planning my meals, drinking more water and getting consistent exercise. I'm wishing all of you good luck with your goals!
  • conniechorsman
    conniechorsman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    would love to be your friend - no idea how to "friend you"!! Have been a member since 2011 and have lost/gained - have family wedding next May and would love to be a friend to you and help each other out! I'm a total emotional eater as well . . .
  • annieb45
    annieb45 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Sorted logging again this morning. Due to the stress in my life, have gained 10 pounds since the beginning of summer. Need to take control and not let the stress guide me. I have been looking for a quick fix through the current fad diets. Simple logging and exercise will help me control my choices.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    oldak9 wrote: »
    Hello, starting based on the advice from my doctor. I asked about the Keto craze, Atkins, etc., he said "EAT FEWER CALORIES AND KEEP TRACK OF WHAT YOU ARE EATING" My first goal is 50lbs, the app recommended a 1500 calorie/day allowance...would love great ideas for low cal high volume.

Hey there. If 1500 has you feeling hungry, consider slowing down your weight loss plan! You can add back some calories but be in less of a hurry.

I eat lots of vegetables -- salads, steamed greens, some beans. Plenty of volume, not many calories. You may not want to cut down on calorie dense foods as much as I have, but here are some ideas:
    https://www.drfuhrman.com/recipes (not all are free, but some are)
    https://www.cleaneatingkitchen.com/eat-to-live-recipes/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAwanemlagU

• Janice112
    Janice112 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting my weight loss journey here as well. Looking for motivation, great tips and recipes! Good luck to everyone!!! We are all in this together!!! We can do it!!!!!