Total Gym - Ultimate

Options
Does anyone have the Total Gym Ultimate? My husband and I were watching the infommerical and called the number only to find out it was $1,900. I looked on Craig's List and yesterday we went and picked up a brand new one, never been opened - still in box, for $250. I did my arms last night and legs are tonight. Just wondered if anyone else used this and if they have had success.

Replies

• SpaceMarkus
    Options
    Never used it, but if you follow a good workout plan (I assume it came with a DVD or booklet), you should definitely see results.

The machine/weight/band rarely matters. It's all about how, and how often, you use them!
  • amberlee2011
    Options
    Yes it came with two DVDs and an exercise booklet. My husband pretty much knows how to use everything - he's a drummer and already fit - so I think it will work out well. I just need to make sure I use it six days a week and get in cardio.
  • GingerDarlene
    Options
    we had it and sold it to someone else; didnt really care for it. Just wasnt enough.
  • berchen82
    Options
    we have this thing at work, and it is great. You can do everything with it.
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    As long as it doesn't wind up as a clothing rack or place for the cat to curl up, you should see results. One thing I can guarantee you, the original owner didn't get much out of it. You at least got it out of the box. That has to count for something. LOL
  • lovergirl72
    Options
    I own the total gym xls and it is pretty good as long as you keep at it.
  • timboman365
    timboman365 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have a cheap knockoff (Weider Bodyworks 5000) and LOVE IT!!! The main thing is to not get bored and change-it up to however your feel. I try to stay on it for 45 minutes and use 2lb dumbells 20lb dumbells 10lb medicine ball and even a 36lb kettelbell to mix things up. I track my calories burned on a Polar Heart Rate Monitor so I'm determined not to cheat. Good music is key to stay motivated. There have been many times I was going to stop when a good song would come on and I would get in an extra 20 minutes without even knowing it. Great strengh and Cardio workout. Also look on youtube for creative ideas.
    ts