Gained back

Options
Help me stay motivated! I lost 70lbs last year but gained 30 back. I have been back on track for the past few weeks and lost some each week, but I need to keep going! Where did I find that motivation?

Replies

• sicknature2120
    sicknature2120 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you I lost my motivation and went off track gaining back some weight if you need someone to talk to I'm here
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Have a read of this thread.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10759145/for-those-who-have-lost-and-gained-and-are-losing-again-what-ive-learned/p1

You may also find it helpful to revisit the most helpful posts at the top of each subforum.

Cheers, h.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Same. I went from 215 to 148 and lost motivation because when I surpassed my goal weight, I looked the same but smaller. Took the wind right out of my sails. Hit 185 and decided it was abs or bust this time.

I really think motivation, which comes and goes for me, is secondary to discipline. I was thinking about this earlier, and discipline isn't something you have, rather, it's something you learn. Keep eating right, hitting the gym, focus on the weight on the bar going up rather than the weight on the scale going down, and if you want to weigh less, eat less.

Best motivation for me is going out and approaching women, and getting rejected. Makes me hit the gym and cut the calories twice as hard. Good Luck!
  • loriclark5
    loriclark5 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes. I am determined, but still learning. :) They say 21 days to form a habit but I wish it was that simple! I felt so good. That should have motivation enough you would think.