"I lost 20 lbs and 4 dress sizes"

Options
That is so insane to me! Has ANYONE ever had that sort of loss? I'm currently at 18 lbs down and still wearing the same clothes that I was 18 lbs ago...they just fit a little different.

Has anyone had that sort of result?

Replies

• calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 pounds and almost 4 pant sizes.
  • kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!! This is my 4th venture on weight loss and I've never had such luck in losing the sizes, just the weight going down. My most effective was that I lost 40 lbs and 2 sizes
  • leesiegrl
    Options
    I lost about 25lbs and only went down one size. I lost a lot from my face first and my back so I didn't go down in clothes that quick. Everyone is different.
  • Pinky67
    Pinky67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've lost 28pounds and 2 pant sizes. Congratulations on your awesome loss :0)
  • kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I lost about 25lbs and only went down one size. I lost a lot from my face first and my back so I didn't go down in clothes that quick. Everyone is different.

Good point!!
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I've lost nearly 50 and only 2 pant sizes, first I noticed was at 25lbs down. I hold all my weight in my midsection, I hope it falls off soon! Great job on your loss!
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i have lost 42lbs so far and have gone down one size but i can also still fit in the clothes i wore before i lost the weight. its really annoying because you think that you lose all that weight you shouldnt be able to wear the same clothea.
  • souki19
    souki19 Posts: 58
    Options
    when i first lost my initial 40 pounds , i went from size 18 to 14 ad my workout consist of a lot of cardio and weight training. i think sometimes what happens, is that i gain muscle and it push fat forward . so i ended up not loosing a lot of inches. it takes time to go down in sizes, but it is sooo worth it , now i am trying to loose another 40 pounds :)
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15lbs & haven't went down one size. My pants are getting baggy though. When I started at a size 16 I was actually pretty close to not fitting in them anymore so that could be why.

On the plus side- no more muffin top! :laugh:
  • moprincess76
    Options
    i just did my weigh in and have lost 18 lbs in a month.......... i cant see the difference, but others say they can...... only difference i noticed is i got to hitch up my shorts more often LOL.. and my t shirts arent as snug.
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    lol... I think I went down 2 sizes by the 20lb mark.. however now (87lbs gone) I went from a size 24 jean to a size 12 jean. Inches vs Weight loss vs body type is what it is, I think...
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I know that I crammed my booty in to my favorite jeans 30 lbs. heavier!!! (16 lbs. ago.) It was tough, and I tore the loops off, but I did it!! I was miserable and my outing was short, but I did manage. Every pound gets easier. I have bounced from a size 14 pants to a size 10 pants from 160lbs. to 193 lbs. and the size 14 was tight. Right now, I am probably in a size 12....at 177lbs. It is the summer so I wear a lot of shorts that are labeled "large" so I can only tell you that my size 10 levi's fit very tight ( my favorite jeans ) but like I said, every pound gets easier.
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am like you- I have lost 15 pounds and my dress size still hasn't changed. Although, my pants are crazy baggy, but I am just not 100% comfortable in the next size down yet.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I have lost 60lbs and I went from an 18 to a 8/10. I didn't buy any new clothes till I was a 12. I have a few 10's now but they are getting big. 8's are just a bit snug.... or at least the ones in my daughters closet are, but they are teenage clothes so I figured I could wear a normal 8.
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    For me, 10 lbs is usually a pants size. 38 lbs down and I've gone from a 16 to an 8 (and I can just... barely... squirm into a size 6 :laugh:).
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    For most women of average height, 14lb roughly translates to 1 dress size. Of course there are exceptions to this, but 5lb per size seems a tad unlikely.
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    The first weight I lost was around my hips, so it was natural for my pants to go down quickly. 20 pounds on a small frame is a ton. :(
  • momie0205
    momie0205 Posts: 232
    Options
    I have lost 60lbs and I went from an 18 to a 8/10. I didn't buy any new clothes till I was a 12. I have a few 10's now but they are getting big. 8's are just a bit snug.... or at least the ones in my daughters closet are, but they are teenage clothes so I figured I could wear a normal 8.

I love your post about your daughters clothes too funny.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm 20lbs down and stuck between sizes :-( My bigger clothes fall off when I walk without a belt, but tighter clothes don't fit yet...
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    For me, 25-30 pounds equals one pants size. Part is just the way my body is built and part is because I'm 5'10" and it takes longer to show on me.