30 day shred and weak bladders...

Alright after all the buzz about 30 DS, I had to try it. I completed (barely) level one day one today and I enjoyed it BUT. The jumping jacks and butt kicks are making me wet myself literally. My hubby just laughed and said "i have never heard anyone with that problem. I am not gonna use it as an excudse to quite - just prepare better tomorrrow and whats the worse that can happen. I am in the comfort of my own living room. Same reason I do not do trampolines.

Tell me my hubby is wrong, I am not the only weak bladder out there. :blushing:

Replies

• cuddlyrunner
    cuddlyrunner Posts: 116 Member
    You are not-in my opinion the inventor of Tena should be knighted :-)
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    I don't know about peeing...
    But my grandmother farts everytime she does any cardio.
    If that makes you feel better : D
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    make sure you go to the bathroom right before you work out-- even if you dont feel like you actually have to go.
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Thats the reason I never do jumping jacks:laugh:
  • shad1018
    shad1018 Posts: 191 Member
    I don'f feel better, but I did get a good laugh! Thank You! :laugh:
  • shad1018
    I did, but maybe I should not drink any water the hour before. Thanks for the advice and I will stick with it. :smile:
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    I used to think my mom was crazy when I was little & she refused to jump on the trampoline for this reason. Well, since having my own kids and everything I understand a little more :laugh: I also started 30DS after I decided to double my water intake- let's just say I made sure to go to the bathroom before & a couple times had to pause the movie.:laugh:
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    NOT the only one out there. Most women I know that have had babies knows this all too well. Trampolines are scary!! I will have to say that with the increased exercise (and jumping jacks), I'm tightening my kegel muscles to try to control that and that has helped tremendously with that issue.

Tell your husband to squirt out a kid or two and see how well he can keep it in. :smile:
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    My bladder is loose. Especially the closer it gets to that time of the month. :(
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    you are not alone! i'm only 33, but i spit out 5 babies in 7 years and i had the same problem with the shred! like you said, just prepare for it... wear protection (lol) and empty the bladder. if you have to, pause the dvd and empty that rascal again! i had a nice shred support group going, but i never got up the nerve to post anything about THIS!
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Just got to add, not just ladies who've had children who suffer from this problem - I can name at least 4 people I know (and me) who have to cross their legs if they sneeze, laugh or cough, let alone leap round doing jumping jacks (star jumps!).

Stress incontinence - according to my practice nurse, about 70% of women suffer from it but many won't admit it as they're embarrassed. She also feels that we should all be taught pelvic floor exercises from the age of about 13!

I've never had kids and I've suffered from it since I was about 18. :frown:
  • shad1018
    Thanks everyone - I have had a few laughs reading all the comments (laughter is teh best medicine) and it was so helpful, today I didn't even think about pausing the dvd. Tomorrow will be better, not easier - but better. :happy: