Why are you getting healthier?

Options
So what’s everyone’s reason? Mine is just to feel healthier, and not hyperventilate when I’m coaching U8 soccer!

Replies

• shewhoismany
    shewhoismany Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I want to run in a Tough Mudder. It looks like so much fun but in order to do it I must make some serious changes in my lifestyle.
  • josecalderon1980
    josecalderon1980 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That’s a cool reason! Good luck with your goal 🤟🏽
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I'm getting healthier because I deserve it. 💙
  • josecalderon1980
    Options
    Cool! For sure, keep it up!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Because I don't want to be a burden on any one as I age. I'm 61, divorced, no kids so will most likely go into an old folks home when the time comes and I have hopefully saved enough to do so.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Because my family is riddled with T2 diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, osteoporosis etc... I don't want those things to catch me in 20 years time like they did my parents and aunts and uncles. Also I want to look good naked so there's that.
  • josecalderon1980
    Options
    Those are all really good reasons! My family is also riddled with Comorbidities... and I would also like to look good with the lights on if you know what I mean... 🤭
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I've always been reasonably fit. When it slides I don't feel as good. I prefer feeling good.
  • bigginsbengtson
    bigginsbengtson Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Want to run a marathon in two months. Also would like my pants that I bought a year and a half ago to fit better.
  • lorri71
    lorri71 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I want to stay alive! I was a fit, active, slim, non smoker and had a stroke at 50 for no apparent reason. If I was less fit things may have turned out worse. And I still want too look as good as I can. 😏