Oops! Took a month and a half break..

Options
So, I took a month and a half break from mfp and I gained 7 pounds! So now I'm back, without any of my old excuses (vacation, just this once blah blah blah). I hope I can do this for real this time! *insert Rocky theme*
<3

Replies

• birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Welcome back..!!...Good luck on your journey..!!.. :flowerforyou:
  • KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I stopped logging my food for a few weeks. Gettin back on that horse! Best of luck and feel free to friend me if you'd like :)
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yep....time for me to get back with the program!!! I took some time off while getting ready for my nephew's wedding. I helped cater the rehearsal dinner and the wedding reception. Sometimes I wish I didn't like my own cooking quite so much, especially when someone else is setting the menus!!!
  • Nevamaria
    Nevamaria Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yea, i hear ya too. Im fairly new on here and already took like a 2-3 week break. I'm hoping to find more friends on here to help keep me going! Good luck!
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That a girl! welcome back!
  • JSings1
    JSings1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks you all! Wow I feel the support already! Cheers to committing to a healthy lifestyle!
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Ok... Me too. Well... mine was a month break... and yep... it's about 5 lbs :blushing: . I'm thinking some of it *might* be water... here's hoping! :ohwell:

But you know what? I came back from a wedding today.. started off the day so hungover that I wasn't completely sure where the floor was :sick: ... so I ate reduced fat pringles & chocolate milk for breakfast.

I sat there... staring at the can. And I realized something: my usual hangover food... Is a McDonald's Quarter-Pounder with Cheese meal with Fries & a Milkshake. :frown:

Wait a second... That McDonald's meal... Burger; 530cal, Medium Fries; 360cal, Medium Chocolate Milkshake; 760cal... WOW... that's literally 1650 cal pissed away. :noway: And today, my comfort food choice came in at HALF that. I think... yep... that sounds like the subtle start of a lifestyle change. That... & last night was the first time I'd been out drinking since Christmas. :wink: That's a switch in & of itself.

So... I went to the gym today. WALKED to the gym :flowerforyou: for the first time (20 mins each way)... & I burned 440 cal according to the equipment while I was there.

I guess... I'm back too!

Same boat you're in, so you're not alone! :tongue:
  • Zbugsmom
    Zbugsmom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Me too! I was sleeping in late with the kiddos and not getting on my morning workouts and started making poor choices. I started back running last Monday when the kids went back to school. I gained back 7 and I got to get them off quick because I am in a wedding on the 17! I am hoping some of it is water!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I did the same thing... I got married, honeymooned, and did five weeks at graduate school. Now I'm home and ready to get back to it! Let's go girls!

Shannon
  • JSings1
    JSings1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I feel you on that one! Usually my friends and I go out to Taco Bell after our late night excursions... but I was thinking how that food actually makes me feel more tired and sluggish especially in the long run! Hopefully these adjustments will pay off within the next few weeks, because I'm tired of feeling tired all the time!

And @Shannon- Congratulations!!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    And @Shannon- Congratulations!!

Thanks!:-D