PatientBear went bye bye?

Options
Johnnyswife
Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
Awww...where did he go? Why is everyone deactivating their accounts all of a sudden? I keep losing friends. :sad:

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Ya, it was a week ago, maybe more. There was even an amusing "press release" post, but it was deleted for some reason.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Because it's easier to stay fat. The people you're losing are bad for your success. I know it's a bummer since we all make friends here - real, close, good friends! But I figure, hey, if they drop off then I don't need them around anyway. My weaknesses get the best of me and I need to be surrounded by strong people. Take heart! You're one of the strong ones. :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Don't worry there are still many of us here who will keep on using MFP for a very long time, myself included.
  • Johnnyswife
    Options
    Ya, it was a week ago, maybe more. There was even an amusing "press release" post, but it was deleted for some reason.
    Aww man...I thought he just didn't post, but i didn't see him in my friends list. Super bummed. He was funny!
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    they also get deactivted if they are forced to by admin
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options
    Because it's easier to stay fat. The people you're losing are bad for your success. I know it's a bummer since we all make friends here - real, close, good friends! But I figure, hey, if they drop off then I don't need them around anyway. My weaknesses get the best of me and I need to be surrounded by strong people. Take heart! You're one of the strong ones. :)

Actually, PB wasn't "staying" fat. He had lost and kept his weight off. He had some personal issues arise which necessitated the deletion of his account.

And healthyeater9 - he wasn't forced to delete his account either.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

What a horrible thing to say.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

Uh. PatientBear already reached goal, ran races, and was fantastically supportive and honest.

Thankfully there are other animals with strikingly similar characteristics :wink:
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Maybe he ran out of patience...
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    you can only outrun a bear downhill
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Am sad too :cry:

It was his 2nd round here.....and just maybe he'll be back for a round 3. Dunno. But he was pretty much at maintenance, did all sorts of marathons, triathlons....

I miss him dearly....he was great friend, supporter, motivator and funny as hell !!!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

Wow, just can't believe some of the nastiness on the forums these days. Comments like the above make ME want to leave! (and no, it's not because I want to "stay fat," I'm 5 pounds from my goal weight and ran 9 miles this AM)

People delete accounts for many different reasons. Maybe in your experience it's that they want to "stay fat," but you VERY obviously didn't know this person, who was a marathoner at maintenance weight and in the short time I knew them was very supportive to me about my running. Really nasty unnecessary comment.
  • JenInAustin
    JenInAustin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Okay, simma down now. I think the comment was made more in the mood of: Sometimes people just quit this site & their weight loss goals and we have to let them go and move on.

And speaking of moving on....
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Oh no! I'll really miss him.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options

Actually, PB wasn't "staying" fat. He had lost and kept his weight off. He had some personal issues arise which necessitated the deletion of his account.

And healthyeater9 - he wasn't forced to delete his account either.

Thank you! I was fixing to go all defensive of PatientBear but you beat me to it. :) Those of us who were his *real* friends know the *real* reasons he's not here anymore. And truth is, he would be laughing at all the ignorance.....and loving us for sticking up for him. :)
  • McKayMachina
    Options
    Pffffffffftttttttttt...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wow, I really pissed some people off here. I OBVIOUSLY didn't know the guy/chick. Chillax, kids.

MOST people are deactivating because they're lazy. I can admit when I'm wrong. But check your definitions of "rude" and "nasty". Jeez.

• _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Pffffffffftttttttttt...

Wow, I really pissed some people off here. I OBVIOUSLY didn't know the guy/chick. Chillax, kids.

MOST people are deactivating because they're lazy. I can admit when I'm wrong. But check your definitions of "rude" and "nasty". Jeez.

I dont think you are going to get many friend requests from this thread! Didnt know him/her either oh well
  • McKayMachina
    Options
    Okay, simma down now. I think the comment was made more in the mood of: Sometimes people just quit this site & their weight loss goals and we have to let them go and move on.

And speaking of moving on....

:drinker:
  • Johnnyswife
    Options

Wow, just can't believe some of the nastiness on the forums these days. Comments like the above make ME want to leave! (and no, it's not because I want to "stay fat," I'm 5 pounds from my goal weight and ran 9 miles this AM)

People delete accounts for many different reasons. Maybe in your experience it's that they want to "stay fat," but you VERY obviously didn't know this person, who was a marathoner at maintenance weight and in the short time I knew them was very supportive to me about my running. Really nasty unnecessary comment.
    Wow...didn't know I got more responses....McKay, he runs marathons...he doesn't really need this site to lose weight...just a place to make friends and maintain, like the rest of us...okay...not like me...I actually need this place to lose weight...